Bangalore – Masinagudi – Ooty – Devala – Mysore – Bangalore
Please check the Itinerary for detailed description of the Drive route.
Ideal Season to cover the 2 States in South India Drive Tour
Ideal during Summer Holidays as the hilly terrain lends a cool breeze to soothe the soaring temperatures in the urban life. The Rainy season provide picture perfect drives and you can capture the Nature at it’s best moments during monsoons.
This Drive Route Holiday can be created with variations on “Number of Days” (2N/3N/4N/5N). We will pack in more punch with more number of (holi)days. Send an inquiry and our Travel experts will customize your Drive Holiday itinerary.
Car Rental Options
You can choose your own car for the drive or pick up from our latest zippy models. We have multiple car pick-up points in most of the cities and airport drop or at the door drop option in certain cities at nominal charges. Call us to check on this info.
Car Rental includes:
A car of your choice (as per availability) and with unlimited KM of usage during the rental period. Please read the terms & conditions or car rental carefully.
To book this Circular Drive Holiday send an inquiry now
Available packages for Tour Of Masinagudi - Ooty - Devala - Mysore - Covers 2 States in South India
We are sorry, there are no rooms available at this accommodation at the moment
Start early preferably around 5-6 am from Bangalore to Masinagudi. The distance (242 km) between the two locations can be roughly covered in 5 and a half hours considering 1 pit stop. Mysore Road is a busy road especially around holiday time so plan your start accordingly. There are lots of restaurants on the way once you get on Bangalore - Mysore road, your breakfast stop can be planned for this route. Most of the Cafe Coffee Days (CCD's) en-route have decent eating options & provide clean restrooms as well. You will pass the historical city of Mysore on your way to Masinagudi. You will explore this old heritage filled city on your drive back to Bangalore
The Bangalore - Mysore Road will lead you on to a road drive into Bandipur Wildlife Sactuary before you reach your destination at Masinagudi. Enjoy the forest drive, follow the speed limit and if you are lucky you might spot a few untamed living beings. By all probability you may spot a herd of elephant either in Mudumalai or Bandipur. Please note there is forest entry closing time. Keep this in mind while planning your drive.
Please follow the Jungle's Do's & Dont's.
Once you leave Mysore your lunch options are quite limited. The Pug Mark hotel run by Jungle Lodges is fairly descent option for a lunch break. This will be a couple of KMs before entering Bandipur forest and approximately 15 minutes drive from Gundalpet
Arrive Masinagudi by early evening. You may even reach for lunch if you are one among those who listened to our travel advise and started early in the morning. The lunch will be set for you on prior bookings in our partner Wildlife theme resort
You can choose to take the Mudumalai Jungle safari in the evening or Relax for the rest of the day admiring Nature's bounty around you.
Start with an early morning Jungle safari of Mudumalai National Park. You. The sanctuary houses ferocious predators such as The Bengal Tiger & the Indian Leopard along with others but spotting of these are quite seasonal
After Lunch start the journey towards Ooty. From Masinagudi it takes an hour to reach Ooty. You can choose to visit the Ooty town before checking in at the accommodation. The accommodation properties we have partnered with in Ooty are among the Old British style estate Bungalows and hence deemed as Heritage properties in India. You can relive the old world grandeur through your stay here. We guarantee you won't be disappointed staying in these. Read more on the heritage properties here
After breakfast you can start your trip towards Devala. Devala is just an hours drive from Ooty. It is a small town cozily tucked in the Nilgiri's valley. Do read up on this quaint town in our Online Travel Guide here
Check in to the resort in Devala. You can choose to cover Pandalur & Devala which are around 7 km in distance from each other i.e. 12 - 15 mins in time distance. The resort you will be put up at Devala has activities for kids. Do use the "Send Inquiry" form to check on more info on this trip.
After Breakfast start for Mysore (144 km). You will reach Mysore in 3.5 hours. Check in into our partner property and spend the rest of the day discovering this historical town. We recommend Mysore Palace & the Mysore Zoo as children would live to see the variety of species of birds and reptiles in the zoo. The Zoo is one of the oldest & most popular zoo's in India.
The last leg of the drive holiday Mysore - Bangalore (200 km). It will take you approx 4 hours to reach Bangalore. So plan accordingly as you can cover few more attractions in Mysore after you Check out from the resort and start your drive back to Bangalore
- Accommodation (Stay) during the course of the drive holiday.
- Breakfast provided at accommodation properties
- Lunch and Dinner on certain days/ certain properties and this shall be specifically mentioned in the individual itinerary shared via email by us.
- Activities which are specifically mentioned as inclusions in the package.
- Car rental charges as per the model chosen and days. Not applicable for those who are opting to use their own car.
- Fuel and Toll charges.
- Activity charges and other entry charges unless specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Lunch and Dinner on certain days / certain properties unless mentioned as inclusions in individual itinerary.
- Extra bed charges or accompanying children charges.
- Any other expenses which are personal in nature.
- Food or beverages consumed other than which is part of the package.
Terms & Conditions
- Inclusions and exclusions may change on customization of the drive holiday package. Please check with us if you are particular about any point of inclusion/exclusion and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Terms & Conditions as applicable on individual service provider for accommodation & car rental. Please read the terms and conditions to clear any doubts on the usage of our services.
- Tour Accommodation mentioned is available based on availability on a first come first serve basis. Please confirm before booking.
- Cancellation policy of individual service providers such as accommodation providers or car rental companies whose services are included in the itinerary shall be applicable for drive holiday cancellations and refund.
- For more details please visit the terms and conditions page & read the fine print under heading cancellations and refunds.