From hill stations to historical monuments and awe-inspiring architectural marvels, the Karnataka Experience is a must do
The South Indian state of Karnataka with diverse tourist attractions and cultures represents a microcosm of the Indian history and heritage and is truly a delight for any visitor. The Karnataka Experience will leave you spellbound with its varied culture, gastronomic experiences, and attractions.
Discover more of The Karnataka Experience with our 9 Days/8 Nights package
This package covers Mysore (2N), Coorg (2N), Sakleshpur (2N) and Chikkamagaluru (2N)
Ideal season for the tour
The most recommended time to visit Karnataka is between the months of November and April when the days remain pleasant.
- Competitive pricing
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for The Karnataka Experience
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Bangalore –> Mysore
Mysore, the erstwhile capital of Mysore dynasty is called the cultural capital of Karnataka and known for its various temples, palaces, forts and old churches.
- Arrival in Bangalore.
- You will be greeted by our representative at the airport and transferred to Mysore
- Rest of the day is at leisure.
- Post-lunch, visit the Mysore Palace which reminds one of the grandeur of the royal times.
- Visit the Chamundi hills which offers a bird's eye view of the city, with a temple atop and the Nandi (Bull) statue.
- Visit the KRS Dam, with a majestic garden, and attend the musical fountain show in the evening.
- Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Mysore Sightseeing
Mysuru is a great place to shop for sandalwood products, silk saris, and wooden toys. It is also one of India’s major incense-manufacturing centers.
Look for the butterfly-esque ‘Silk Mark’ on your purchase; it’s an endorsement for quality silk.
- Post breakfast check out from the accommodation and continue sightseeing at Mysore.
- Few locations to visit Gumbaz at Srirangapatna worth visit are St Philomena’s Cathedral, Jagan Mohan Palace, Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary (early morning).
- After lunch, continue to Srirangapatna, the capital of erstwhile Mysore dynasty houses many monuments from Tipu Sultan's rule. The entire town is surrounded by the river Kaveri to form a river island. The town takes its name from the celebrated Ranganathaswamy temple which dominates the town
- Places of interest here are Daria Daulat Bagh, Tipu Sultan Gumbaz (Tomb), Nimishamba Temple, Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, Srirangapatna Fort, Kaveri Sangam (confluence of three rivers).
- Overnight at the stay.
Day 3: Mysore –> Coorg
Coorg, also known as "Scotland of India", oozes an old-world charm with its coffee, amazing food, vivid cultures and warm hospitality. This popular coffee producing hill station is popular for its beautiful green hills and the streams cutting right through them
The Bylekuppe settlement is the largest Tibetan community outside Tibet and was set up by the refugees from Tibet.
- Check out after breakfast and proceed to Coorg.
- Post lunch visit Abbey Falls, located on the outskirts of Madikeri is yet another popular destination of Coorg. Spend the evening at Raja's Seat: Elevated approximately at an altitude of 1500m, the Raja's Seat is famous for its picturesque sceneries of misty hills of Western Ghats and sunset.
- Overnight at the resort.
Day 4: Coorg Sightseeing
- After breakfast, proceed to Golden temple/Tibetan monasteries, one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in India. Get soaked in the Tibetan culture with prayer wheels, Buddhist monks all around and chants filling the air.
- Visit Talacauveri, the origin of Cauvery river at Bhagamandala and Cauvery Nisargadhama, a beautiful island formed by the river Cauvery.
- You can also add some experiences of adventure on your trip such as Camping, Rafting, trekking, microlight flying and paragliding in Coorg.
- Overnight at the resort.
Day 5: Coorg –> Sakleshpur
Sakleshpur is a hill station in the Western Ghats mountain range, in India’s Karnataka state. It’s surrounded by slopes covered with tea, coffee and spice plantations.
- Check out from Coorg and drive to Sakleshpur.
- Check- into the tea estate stay.
- Here, you could drive to the many vantage points and natural water bodies to enjoy idyllic picnics or to experience the forest and its inhabitants.
- If you are of the more adventurous sort, you could go on a night drive.
- Listen to the silence while reading or writing or painting or losing yourself to the vast valleys and their spectacular vistas.
- Overnight at the tea estate bungalow.
Day 6: Sakleshpur Tea Estate Experience
- After breakfast set off for a picnic to a secret destination within the tea estate with a packed lunch.
- The drive around the estate is on a 4x4 vehicle which itself is an experience and reminder of how local people move around in the hilly terrains.
- After lunch, return to the bungalow and visit the factory to understand the process of tea making.
- After evening tea/snacks, take a trip to "Thousand Acres", a ride to the viewpoint which offers spectacular views of the Western Ghats and the expanse of the teas estate.
- Overnight at the tea estate bungalow.
Day 7: Sakleshpur –>Chikkamagaluru
Chikmagalur, one of the top hill station destinations of India and well known as the coffee land of Karnataka. Baba Budan, a 16th-century Sufi saint is said to have introduced the coffee plant to India by bringing seven raw beans from the port of Mocha, Yemen while coming back from the Haj pilgrimage.
- Check-out from Sakleshpur after breakfast and head towards Chikmagalur.
- Check-in to a coffee estate stay.
- Spend the day exploring the waterfalls, spotting birds, and just walking amidst absolute tranquility along the 26kms of estate roads. But should you wish to get around a little – the area is just as pretty to explore in a car, or on a cycle, or even by foot!
- We also recommend the hammock, long walks, cups of tea/coffee and a few books for a relaxed do-nothing time
- Overnight at the estate bungalow
Day 8: Chikkamagaluru Sightseeing
- After breakfast set out on a tour of the major attractions of Chikmagalur.
- The main highlight of Chikmagalur for most travelers lies in covering the three main peaks of the town―Sheethalagiri, Baba Budan Giri, and Mullayanagiri.
- Mullayanagiri is the highest peak (1930 m) in the state of Karnataka. Predictably windy and bone-chilling cold, it’s apt to stay for a short time to enjoy the view.
- Adventure lovers are promised a bone-rattling yet thrilling drive of 13 km, through forested paths (sometimes no paths at all) from Kemmanagundi to Hebbe Falls. A four-wheel experience is the only way to maneuver through the bumpy road.
- Overnight at the coffee estate bungalow.
Day 9: Chikkamagaluru –>Bangalore
- Check out from the resort and proceed to Bangalore airport (7 hrs) to catch your flight home.
- If you are returning home on a late evening flight, we suggest visiting Belur and Halebid en route, which are architectural marvels from the time of Hoysala dynasty, decorated with intricate carvings and sculptures.
- All airport transfers as mentioned in the itinerary.
- 02 Nights of accommodation at Mysore, Coorg, Sakleshpur, and Chikmagalur
- CP meal plan at Mysore and Coorg accommodation AP meal plan at Sakleshpur and Chikmagalur
- Tour will end on Day 9 with breakfast provided at the coffee estate in Chikmagalur
- Activities which are specifically mentioned as inclusions in the package.
- A/C car starting from pickup at Airport till drop-off at Airport for departure.
- Toll charges and parking fees.
- Flight tickets and visa charges (in the case of international travelers).
- Entry tickets at attractions and museums.
- Activity charges unless specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Any other expenses which are personal in nature.
- Food or beverages consumed other than which is part of the package.
- Tips for your driver, hotel staff, and guides.
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability of the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client.
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
LocationThe Karnataka Experience
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type