Timeless ruins, undulating tea estates, endless beaches, welcoming people and sumptuous food. Stunning Sri Lanka is simply irresistible.
Lying between the more trodden parts of India and Southeast Asia, Stunning Sri Lanka’s history, culture, and natural beauty are undeniably alluring. Sri Lanka’s 2000-plus years of culture can be discovered at ancient sites where legendary temples boast beautiful details even as they shelter in caves or perch on prominent peaks.
Verdant tea plantations and rainforested peaks, dazzlingly white and often untrodden beaches beckon the discerning traveler to visit Stunning Sri Lanka.
Discover more of Stunning Sri Lanka with our 5 Nights/6 Days package
This package covers Kandy (2N), Nuwara Eliya (2N) and Bentota (1N)
Ideal season for the tour
Sri Lanka’s climate is rather complicated for such a small country, due to the fact that the island is affected by two separate monsoons – though this also means that there is usually good weather somewhere on the island, at most times of the year. The best time to visit the west and south coasts and hill country is from December to March, while the best weather on the east coast is from April/May to September.
Temperatures decrease with altitude, reducing to a temperate 18–22°C in Kandy, and a pleasantly mild 14–17°C in Nuwara Eliya and the highest parts of the island – nights in the hills can be quite chilly, with temperatures sometimes falling close to freezing.
Humidity is high everywhere, rising to a sweltering ninety percent at times in the southwest, and averaging sixty to eighty percent across the rest of the island.
- Competitive pricing
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Stunning Sri Lanka
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Colombo -> Kandy
Kandy is located at an altitude of 500m which means it has a cooler climate. A lovely lake, colorful houses, and the misty hills add to the charm of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Pick up from Colombo International airport and dive towards Kandy.
- The travel time from Colombo to Kandy is 4 hours i.e 138 km
- Overnight in Kandy
Day 2: Kandy Sightseeing
- Visit the Tiesh Gem Museum: The Tiesh Showroom in Kandy is the largest ever gems and jewelry showroom in Sri Lanka. One of the unique features of this showroom is the simulator gem mine which is created within its premises. This feature provides an opportunity for those who never get to see a real gem mine in Ratnapura (where most gemstones are sourced), to see what a gemstone mine is like on the inside. The on-site gem museum in Tiesh offers its guests an insight into the structure and stratification of various crystals and gemstones. It holds some unique gemstones and rare specimens of precious stones; while also featuring some old equipment used to source the gemstones and create handmade jewelry.
- The Peradeniya Botanical Gardens: Royal Botanic Gardens, Peradeniya are about 5.5 km to the west of the city of Kandy in the Central Province of Sri Lanka. It attracts 2 million visitors annually. It is near the Mahaweli River an is renowned for its collection of orchids
- Overnight in Kandy
Day 3: Kandy –> Nuwara Eliya
- Post breakfast head towards the Temple of the Tooth locally known as Dalada Maligawa.
- Next on the itinerary is a visit to the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage in Rambukkana, near Kegalla, halfway between Colombo and Kandy.
- Before heading to Nuwara Eliya, there is a stop en route at the Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple, Ramboda. This is believed to be the region where Lord Rama’s forces were gathered against Ravana.
- The travel time from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya is 3 hours i.e 76 km
- Overnight in Nuwara Eliya
Day 4: Nuwara Eliya Sightseeing
Nuwara Eliya (City of Lights), is blessed with salubrious climate, breathtaking views of valleys, meadows, mountains, and greenery.
Surrounded by hills and tea plantations, it is also known as 'Little England', and was the favorite hill station of the British who tried to recreate a typical English Village here.
The old brick Post office, country house like hill club with its hunting pictures, trophies, and strict formal dinner attire; the 18 hole golf course, horse race course, etc., all remind you of England.
You may choose to visit any of the below places as per your choice and available time
- Golf Course.
- Trout streams
- Victoria Park
- Boating or fishing on Lake Gregory
- Visit a working tea factory where the slow-growing tea bushes of this highland region produce some of the world's finest Orange Pekoe tea.
- Visit Seetha Eliya, a temple which was mentioned in the famous epic Ramayana.
- The Hakgala Gardens is a temperate hill-country garden where languid low-country lotus and water lilies float in their serene loveliness.
- Overnight in Nuwara Eliya
Day 5: Nuwara Eliya –>Bentota
Bentota is a resort town on Sri Lanka’s southwest coast. Its long Bentota Beach stretches north, where it becomes a sandy strip known as Paradise Island, parallel to Bentota Lagoon.
Coral-rich dive sites include Canoe Rock. On Bentota River, there is a centuries-old Galapota Temple which has a large Buddha statue
- Post breakfast transfer from Nuwara Eliya to Bentota.
- We do not recommend any visits here.
- If you wish to do water sports like Scuba diving, Parasailing, Snorkeling etc. you may opt for the same.
- Otherwise, you may just choose to have a do-nothing holiday here.
- Overnight in Bentota
Day 6: Bentota –>Colombo
- Post breakfast check out from the property
- Proceed to Colombo airport to board the flight for your onward journey.
- Accommodation in two double occupancy rooms
- Transportation (by Prius Hybrid car)
- Pick up and drop to the airport
- Breakfast and dinner included
- GST at the rate of 5%.
- Entry tickets and parking
- Anything that has not been mentioned in the inclusions.
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability of the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client.
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
LocationStunning Sri Lanka
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type