The world’s most spectacular cave systems, staggering natural beauty, a complex and diverse culture, ancient temples and the mouth-watering food makes Vietnam an exotic and compelling country.
Vietnam is known for its beaches, rivers, Buddhist pagodas and bustling cities. This once war-ravaged country is now the new tourist destination in Southeast Asia. The crowded cities which make merely watching the driving antics an amazing experience, the war museums, and heritage sites, the beautiful Halong Bay all make this a go-to travel destination.
Discover more of Vietnam with our 7 Days/6 Nights Package
This package covers Hanoi (3N), Pu Luong (2N), and Halong Bay (1N)
Ideal season for the tour
The best time to visit Vietnam is spring (February to April) and autumn (August to October). The temperatures are more moderate and rainfall is lighter. In spring, March and April have the lowest rainfall across all destinations and temperatures are pleasant, though still cool in the far north.
- Competitive pricing
- Hosts approved by the local tourism board
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Offbeat Vietnam
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Arrival at Hanoi
Ha Noi, Vietnam’s capital is a thousand-year-old city with peaceful lakes, French style buildings, old quarter streets, tree-lined boulevards, brightly painted temples and pagodas making it one of Asia’s most charming cities.
- On arrival at Noi Bai Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by an English speaking guide
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Free time for lunch before check in at the hotel
- Take the city tour and visit the Ho Chi Minh Complex and his Stilt House, and the One Pillar Pagoda.
- Move on to visit the very first University of Vietnam- The Temple Of Literature, which has a traditional and unique architecture and history.
- Come back to the center, and explore the Hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter on a cycle.
- Welcome dinner at an Indian restaurant.
- Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi–>Pu Luong
Pu Luong in Vietnam is a natural reserve which is located in the north-west of the Hanoi capital.
- After breakfast check out from the hotel.
- Meet the guide and transfer to Pu Luong.
- Enter the Pu Luong Nature Reserve by road via a breathtaking mountain pass which gives you a panoramic view of the whole valley.
- Arrive at the accommodation in time for a delicious lunch, followed by free time to explore the beautiful retreat, with its captivating panoramic views and tranquil setting.
- Begin your walk in search of the stunning Water Wheels along the suspension bridge over the Cham River.
- Get up close to each wheel and discover how the water is moved from the river to a handmade bamboo aqueduct via simple constructions of all sizes.
- Arrive at a local fisherman’s house, and after a short rest gear up for the bamboo river rafting.
- Float along the calm river and enjoy the views, in between learning how to paddle and steer your handcrafted rafts.
- Arrive at the scenic Tan Lap Bridge, disembark and return to the Pu Luong Retreat for dinner.
- Overnight in Pu Luong.
Day 3: Pu Luong Trekking
- Start early to descend into the beautiful valley facing the Retreat where you walk around tumbling rice terraces.
- Trek through small paths shrouded in vegetation to slowly reveal a picturesque village sitting at the base of a towering mountain.
- Continuing to the base of the valley, you weave between roads and farmland, villages and wild fields, ponds and rivers, mountains and open land.
- Savor the ever-changing scenery as you trek to a beautiful spot to enjoy a simple picnic lunch.
- After lunch, you have free time to splash around in the refreshing water in the nearby river, before moving to our pick up point to be transferred back to the Retreat.
- Overnight in Pu Luong.
Day 4: Pu Luong–>Hanoi
- Post lunch get close to village life and interact with the locals living in the hills above the Retreat.
- Observe their daily life, walk around the working farmland and rice fields, and learn about weaving the colorful textiles, followed by lunch at the Lodge.
- Check out from the Lodge and transfer back to Hanoi.
- Have dinner at an Indian restaurant.
- Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 5: Hanoi–>Halong Bay
Hạlong Bay, in northeast Vietnam, is known for its emerald waters and thousands of towering limestone islands topped by rainforests.
- After breakfast, meet the tour guide at the hotel lobby.
- Head towards Halong Bay - a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and one of the New Seven Wonders of the world
- Join a group tour on the shuttle transfer to Halong Bay which takes 3.5 hours.
- Around 12.00pm, arrive at the harbor.
- Hop aboard the cruise ship.
- After the welcome drink, meet the captain and crew for the cruise briefing.
- Enjoy lunch while cruising through thousands of beautiful islets.
- In the afternoon, enjoy the stunning views of the Bay and it's dramatic limestone islets as you sail through the calm emerald waters heading to the Luon Cave.
- Take your option either exploring the cave yourself on a kayak or comfortably on a bamboo boat rowed by the locals.
- Head to the Titop Island area. Drop anchor in the calm water surrounded by beautiful islets. Visit Titop island for swimming and snorkeling or do the short trek to the top of the island to have an overview of Halong Bay.
- Enjoy dinner and take rest on the boat in the evening.
- Overnight on the cruise ship.
Day 6: Halong Bay–>Hanoi
- Start the day viewing the sunrise over the bay.
- After breakfast, head to one of the most beautiful caves in the Bay called: Sửng Sốt which means Surprising Cave.
- At 9.00am check out from the cabins, at your leisure while the cruise takes you by other beautiful highlights in the bay. Join a cooking demonstration class and learn to make spring rolls before an early lunch is served. Return to the shore and disembark from the cruise ship.
- Come back to Hanoi.
- Dinner at an Indian restaurant and free time for shopping in the Old Quarter.
- Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 7: Last day in Hanoi
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Free time until transfer to the airport for the flight back home.
- Accommodation based on sharing double/twin/triple bed with daily breakfast
- Vietnam visa approval letter
- Private airport transfer and city tour
- Stay in 3* or 4* hotels at Hanoi and Pu Long.
- Cruise at Halong Bay and stay for a night
- Local meals: 5 lunches + 6 dinners as indicated in program (3 Indian dinners in Hanoi)
- Dinner on Day 1 and Breakfast on Day 7. All meals from Day 2 to Day 6 (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Shuttle bus Hanoi - Halong 2 ways with joining a tour, private cabin
- Shuttle bus Hanoi - Pu Luong 2 ways, private tour, share traditional house on stilts
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottle of water on bus/van
- International or local flights;
- Visa charges
- Meals other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages with meals.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Beverages and meals not mentioned in the program
- Visa fee and visa stamp fee
- Personal expenses
- Tips for the tour guide and driver
- Others not mentioned above
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability on the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type