Swaying palm trees, spice and tea-covered hills of the Western Ghats, the languid network of glistening backwaters-Kerala ‘s hills and backwaters beckons you.
Kerala has been a favorite haunt of travelers from around the world for nearly 600 years; it’s been known to exhilarate, enchant and enthrall. A tropical paradise of waving palms and wide sandy beaches, it is the state with the highest literacy rate in India.
Kerala’s hills and backwaters have always been a tourist’s delight and they head in droves to experience its’ magic in God’s Own Country.
Discover more of Kerala’s Hills and Backwaters with our 5 Days/4 Nights package
This package covers Munnar (3N), Alappuzha Houseboat (1N)
Ideal season for the tour
Kerala has three tourist seasons. Peak Season which ranges from September to March, Off Season in Kerala which is from April to May and Monsoon Season from June to August.
Peak Season starts just after the monsoon in September and goes on till March just when the summer is starting and is considered to be the best season to visit Kerala.
- Competitive pricing
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Kerala – Hills and Backwaters
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Kochi –> Munnar
- Arrival at Kochi Airport
- The chauffeur will welcome you at the airport.
- Transfer to the Munnar resort and check-in.
- Overnight stay at the resort
Day 2: Munnar Sightseeing
The name Munnar is believed to mean "three rivers", referring to its location at the confluence of the Mudhirapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundaly rivers. Also called the "Kashmir of South India" this hill station is a favorite honeymoon destination.
- After breakfast, proceed for sightseeing.
- The places of interest in Munnar are spread in different directions. Once you choose to proceed in a direction, it is suggested to visit all places of interest and return. Switching directions will increase travel time.
- We suggest the below options for sightseeing.
- Lockhart Gap
- Gap Road View and Rock Curve
- Chinamania Waterfalls
- Anayirankal Dam
- Flower Garden
- Mattupatty Dam
- Echo Point
- Kundala Dam
- Top Station View Point
- Pothamedu View Point
- Blossom Park
- An evening boat ride at Mattupetty Dam is a refreshing experience.
- Overnight stay at the resort.
Day 3: Munnar Sightseeing
- Wake up to breathtaking views of the misty mountain slopes of Munnar.
- Post breakfast, you may proceed for sightseeing.
- A visit to the Eravikulam National Park, home to endangered Nilgiri Tahr is highly recommended.
- Reach early to avoid the rush as transportation uphill is via the forest department bus only.
- Other places of interest on this route are Tea Museum, Lakkom Waterfalls, Sandalwood Plantation, Thoovanam Waterfalls and Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Overnight stay at the resort.
Day 4: Munnar –> Alappuzha
Alappuzha is best known for houseboat cruises along the rustic Kerala backwaters, a network of tranquil canals and lagoons.
- After breakfast check out from the resort and proceed towards Alappuzha for the houseboat.
- After 4 hours of scenic drive through typical Kerala villages and paddy fields, arrive at Alappuzha.
- On arrival check-in to the “Kettuvallam” or the famous Kerala houseboat.
- Lunch on the houseboat.
- Cruise through the unique web of lakes, lagoons, canals, and river.
- Visit a historical church, paddy fields, and enjoy the 'Kuttanadan Region' (the only region which cultivates rice below sea level using embankments).
- Experience a spectacular sunset.
- Overnight on board the houseboat.
- At night, the houseboat will be docked at any one of the nearby villages.
- Houseboat meal plans include all meals [Lunch, Dinner, and Breakfast]
Day 5: Alappuzha –> KochiAfter breakfast check out from houseboat and proceed towards Kochi airport.
- 3 nights stay in a Deluxe room at Munnar
- 1 night stay on a houseboat at Alappuzha [1 BHK ]
- Complimentary breakfast on all days at Munnar and Alappuzha accommodations
- Private Transport by excellent condition vehicle A/C vehicle throughout the tour from arrival at Kochi, till departure from Kochi.
- The vehicle rental charges include usage of 500kms throughout the package duration. Distance travelled above this limit will be charged extra.
- Toll, taxes, driver bata and parking charges for the vehicle.
- Operations support throughout the journey.
- GST @5% on the package cost.
- Lunch, dinner or any other meals, which are not mentioned in the inclusion
- Tolls and parking charges.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Entry tickets to attractions and activities if any.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion.
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability of the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client.
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
LocationKerala – Hills and Backwaters
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type