Drive through Karnataka’s countryside. Experience the local culture, Nature’s bounty & relish local fare
Bangalore -> Belur -> Chikmagalur -> Sringeri -> Agumbe -> Sirsi -> Dandeli -> Bangalore.
Please check the Itinerary for detailed description of the drive route.
Ideal season for this Drive Route
All through the year – the Rainy season drive is mesmerizing through the scenic route, while the water sports activities are shut during the rainy season.
This Drive Route Holiday can be created with variations on “Number of Days” (2N/3N/4N/5N). We will pack in more punch with more number of (holi)days. Send an inquiry and our Travel experts will customize your Drive Holiday itinerary.
Car Rental options
You can choose your own car for the drive or pick up from our latest zippy models. We have multiple car pick-up points in most of the cities and airport drop or at the door drop option in certain cities at nominal charges. Call us to check on this info.
Car Rental includes:
A car of your choice (as per availability) and with unlimited KM of usage during the rental period. Please read the terms & conditions or car rental carefully.
To book this Circular Drive Holiday send an inquiry now
Available packages for Karnataka Countryside Tour
Day 1 – The Drive - Bengaluru to Chikmagalur via Halebid & Belur
Start early morning to avoid the infamous Bangalore traffic. Reach Nelamangala (26.7 km approx. 1-hour drive from Bangalore) to take a deviation towards Mangalore Highway. The Highway has 4 lanes and is quite unlike other 4 lane highways, this one runs through the greener and less dusty terrains. After the highway ends, the road will take you through the Karnataka’s beautiful countryside. Soak up the fresh air and get ready to dwell through the Nature.
Stop over to Halebid & Belur for heritage tour. Journey time from Halebid to Belur is around 45 mins. Though plan a good hour or 2 at each of these places to enjoy the architecture and temples. Stop pit for Lunch/Dinner at Belur – There is Vishnu Regency at (Biccodu Road), Sumukha Regency on (Main Road) and Vishnu Prasad restaurants at Belur which are preferred by travellers. Also do note that Chennakeshava Temple at Belur closes by 7:30 pm.
Reach Chikmagalur at your own pace. You can drive to Mullayangiri peak on the way for the sunset view if you reach by evening. Known as the coffee land of Karnataka, Chikmagalur lies at the foothills of Mullayangiri range. Our accommodation partner will make sure your stay at Chikmagalur remains a comfortable one.
Day 2 – Sightseeing at ChikmagalurYou can choose to take up ready full day sightseeing itinerary arranged by the Chikmagalur District’s Tourism Office or follow your own course. We are there to help figure out places of interest for you and your family.
Places of Interest at Chikmagalur
- Sunrise/Sunset at Mullayangiri peak
- Safari at Muthodi Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ayyanakere Lake
- M.G. Park for Musical Fountain Display
- Coffee Plantation
Day 3 – Chikmagalur to Dandeli via Sringeri, Agumbe and Sirsi
Even though this is not the shortest route to reach Dandeli, it is one of the most curious one. Enjoy each pit stop on the way to Dandeli. We suggest starting early after breakfast from Chikmagalur for Dandeli. Drive through Sringeri (approx. 85 km). A recommended visit to Sringeri’s Sharada Peetha built at the banks of Tunga river. It is a matha or monastery established by Adi Shankara in 8th century AD. You can plan to have Lunch at the matha before starting the drive to Agumbe. Agumbe is around km from Sringeri. You can either stop at places of interest at Agumbe or travel through while enjoying the scenic view. Set your own pace, we are there to guide.
Reach Sirsi from Agumbe (approx 181km). Sirsi is a famous tourist destination in Uttara Kannada. It is surrounded by lush green forest and is popular place for spices such as cardamom, pepper & vanilla. Do shop around while you are there. Continuing your drive to Dandeli (approx. 112km), hope to cover the ground in around 2 and half hours at one of our partner homestays. Relax with Herbal bath at the homestay & savor the local cuisine.
Day 4 – Overnight stay at Dandeli
Dandeli is one of the most sought after tourist destination in North Karnataka. Even though it is a busy place, we know how to curate a relaxed and uncrowded atmosphere for you here. Dandeli hosts natural, historic and religious views. It is famous for Wildlife sanctuary, the second largest in Karnataka. River rafting, Kayaking, Nature trails trekking & Wildlife spotting are the highlights of Dandeli. We can arrange to set up a camp for the camping experience in a safely fenced family friendly property at Dandeli.
Day 5 – Departure from Dandeli
After finishing breakfast, you can choose to start your road journey back to Bangalore or talk to us to curate your circular trip travel with a short halt at one of our recommended offbeat location.
- Accommodation (Stay) during the course of the drive holiday.
- Breakfast provided at accommodation properties
- Lunch and Dinner on certain days/ certain properties and this shall be specifically mentioned in the individual itinerary shared via email by us.
- Activities which are specifically mentioned as inclusions in the package.
- Car rental charges as per the model chosen and days. Not applicable for those who are opting to use their own car.
- Fuel and Toll charges.
- Activity charges and other entry charges unless specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Lunch and Dinner on certain days / certain properties unless mentioned as inclusions in individual itinerary.
- Extra bed charges or accompanying children charges.
- Any other expenses which are personal in nature.
- Food or beverages consumed other than which is part of the package.
Terms & Conditions
- Inclusions and exclusions may change on customization of the drive holiday package. Please check with us if you are particular about any point of inclusion/exclusion and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Terms & Conditions as applicable on individual service provider for accommodation & car rental. Please read the terms and conditions to clear any doubts on the usage of our services.
- Tour Accommodation mentioned is available based on availability on a first come first serve basis. Please confirm before booking.
- Cancellation policy of individual service providers such as accommodation providers or car rental companies whose services are included in the itinerary shall be applicable for drive holiday cancellations and refund.
- For more details please visit the terms and conditions page & read the fine print under heading cancellations and refunds.