Experience the verdant tea estates, serene lakes and the tranquility of the backwaters with the Highlights Of Kerala package.
Kerala-God’s Own Country is blessed with abundant greenery, mountains whose slopes support tea, coffee and spice plantations as well as wildlife, intricate canals and backwaters and a palm-fringed coastline. The Highlights of Kerala package covers all this and more.
Discover more of Highlights of Kerala with our 8 Nights/9 Days Package
This package covers Kochi (2N), Valparai (1N), Munnar (2N), Thekkady (1N), Gavi (1N) and Alappuzha Houseboat (1N)
Ideal season for the tour
Kerala has three tourist seasons. Peak Season which ranges from September to March, Off Season in Kerala which is from April to May and Monsoon Season from June to August.
Peak Season starts just after the monsoon in September and goes on till March just when the summer is starting and is considered to be the best season to visit Kerala.
- Competitive pricing
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Highlights Of Kerala
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Arrival in Kochi ->Valparai
Valparai, a hill station in Tamilnadu, is located 3,500 feet above sea level on the Anamalai mountain range and stands majestically with green mountains and forest all around.
- Arrival at Kochi airport and proceed to Valparai.
- On reaching Valparai, check-in to the tea estate accommodation (or similar).
- Post breakfast you could explore Valparai at your own pace.
- Visit the Nallamudi Viewpoint which has vistas of the Anamalai Hills in the Western Ghats, and surrounding tea estates.
- A drive on the route to Pollachi is an exotic experience as the route crosses the Anamalai Tiger Reserve Sanctuary.
- After sightseeing, retire for the day at the resort.
Day 2: Valparai ->Munnar
Munnar, a hill station is famous for the serene tea plantations and mesmerizing views of endless green vistas with a backdrop of blue and misty mountains
- Checkout from Valparai and proceed to Munnar. This is a scenic drive with green carpets of tea plantations welcoming you throughout.
- On arrival check-in to the tea estate bungalow (or similar).
- Post lunch you could explore Munnar at your own pace.
- We recommend starting with the below places
- Flower Garden, Mattupatty Dam, Echo Point
- Kundala Dam, Top Station Vie Point, Pothamedu View Point, Blossom Park
- After sightseeing, retire for the day at the resort
Day 3: Munnar Sightseeing
- The attractions of Munnar are spread in different directions, all of which cannot be covered in a day.
- You can choose the locations according to your preference.
- Our host at the resort will be available to help you decide.
- Overnight at the resort
Eravikulam National Park (Nilgiri Tahr), Tea Museum, Lakkom Waterfalls, Sandalwood Plantation, Thoovanam Waterfalls, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary
Lockhart Gap, Gap Road View and Rock Curve, Chinamania Waterfalls, Anayirankal Dam
Chithrapuram Tea Plantation, Chengulam Dam, Speed Boating, Irutukanam Elephant Ride, Kallar Waterfalls, Karadippara View Point, Viripara Waterfalls, Mankulam Tea Plantations
Day 4: Munnar ->Thekkady
Thekkady, a popular wildlife sanctuary encompasses 777 sq km and has a 26-sq-km artificial lake created by the British in 1895.
- Early check out from Munnar and proceed to Thekkady
- Check-in to a scenic eco-friendly resort which lets you enjoy the forest elements up-close and personal.
- The afternoon can be spent boating on the Periyar and enjoying the wildlife sightings at Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, home to Gaur, Sambar, Wild boar, Langurs, herds of Elephants and Tiger.
- Other activities on offer are Nature Walk, Bamboo Rafting, Jeep Safari in the forest, Spice Tour or an Elephant Ride.
- Overnight at the resort
Day 5: Thekkady ->Gavi
Gavi Forest, part of Periyar Tiger Reserve in Kerala is sure to keep you engaged with its captivating view of the wildlife.
Blessed with nature’s bounty, the region is rich in flora and fauna which offer spectacular vistas. Waterfalls, hills, valleys, grasslands, and cardamom plantations all abound in the area. A haven for birdwatchers, the forest is also home to many endangered species such as the Nilgiri Tahr and the Lion-tailed Macaque.
- Check out from Thekkady and drive to Gavi.
- Overnight comfortable stay can be arranged in a Homestay, Forest Guest House, Tents or Tree House as per your preference.
- For those seeking adventure, overnight camping in the forest amidst the wildlife can be an exhilarating experience to go for.
- Local cuisine is served in the accommodation for an authentic experience of Kerala Holidays
Day 6: Thekkady ->Alappuzha (Alleppey)
Alleppey or Alappuzha, popularly known as 'Venice of the East', will mesmerize you with its network of waterways bringing to you a glimpse of the local lifestyle.
- Early check out from Thekkady and proceed to Alleppey (Alappuzha).
- Check into the Houseboat by noon.
- Enjoy a cruise in the pristine backwaters of AAlleppeytill sunset.
- You will have the access to a resort and its facilities to spend a relaxed evening
- Spend the night at the houseboat.
Day 7: Alappuzha (Alleppey) ->Kochi
Kochi, located in central Kerala is a port city with a heritage of 600 years and is an intriguing mix of medieval Portuguese, Dutch and English culture blended into the tropical Malabar coast.
- Early check out from Alleppey (Alappuzha) and proceed to Kochi
- Check-in to the Hotel on arrival and the rest of the day is at leisure to explore the city.
- The Chinese Fishing Nets are distinctly unique to Cochin. It is believed that traders from the court of the Chinese ruler Kublai Khan introduced these nets here.
- A stroll along the beach, particularly at sunset with the Chinese fishing nets and sailing ships in the background, is a memorable experience.
- The coastal stretch has loads of small stalls, which make on-demand mouth-watering traditional cuisines using freshly caught fish.
- Have a fabulous dinner and retire for the day.
Day 8: Kochi Sightseeing
- After breakfast, embark on a tour of Kochi covering following places
- Mattancherry Palace, Hill Palace Museum, Jewish Synagogue, Santa Cruz Basilica, St. Francis Church, Bolghatty Palace, Dutch Palace, Kodanad Elephant Training Centre, and Cherai Beach
- Evenings can be spent at unique themed cafes of Kochi which are worth visiting if you plan to finish a book over a cup of coffee.
- Kathakali performance shall be arranged for you in the evening at Fort Kochi, subject to artist availability on that particular day.
- Overnight at the hotel
Day 9: Departure from KochiCheck-out from hotel and proceed to Kochi (Cochin) airport to catch your flight home.
- All meals except the breakfast on Day 1.
- Tour will end on Day 9 with breakfast provided at the resort in Kochi.
- A/C car starting from pickup at Airport till drop-off at Airport for departure.
- 02 Nights of accommodation at Munnar and Kochi
- 01 Night of accommodation at Valparai, Thekkady, Gavi
- 01 Night of A/C Houseboat stay in Alappuzha backwaters (Houseboat will be sailing during the day and will dock for the night after 6 pm)
- Activities which are specifically mentioned as inclusions in the package.
- Toll charges and parking fees.
- GST @5% on the package cost
- International flight tickets and visa charges.
- Entry tickets at attractions and museums.
- Activity charges unless specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Any other expenses which are personal in nature.
- Food or beverages consumed other than which is part of the package.
- Tips for your driver, hotel staff, and guide.
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability of the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client.
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
LocationHighlights Of Kerala
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type