Experience the sunny side of Finland in the south or experience snow and visit Santa in the north with Finland – Helsinki and beyond tour.
Finland – Helsinki and beyond lets you explore Finland which is blessed with natural beauty in the form of verdant forests and pristine islands.
Of all the seasons, spring is definitely the most versatile depending on which part of Finland you are interested. In the North it is still possible to go skiing where as South is getting warmer and warmer. Explore the coast, fish your own dinner, understand the Sámi culture, the options are endless.
Discover more of “Finland – Helsinki and beyond” with our 7 Nights/8 Days Package
This package covers Helsinki (3N), Rovaniemi (3N) and 1N on board the train from Rovaniemi to Helsinki
Ideal season for the tour
Deciding what you want to do will help you pick the best time to visit Finland. Aurora and snow activities occur in winter, from December through to April. Equally, summer days from June to August are glorious for hiking and kayaking.
- Competitive pricing
- Hosts approved by the local tourism board
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Finland - Helsinki and beyond
Day 1: Helsinki arrival
- Arrival at Helsinki airport. Our representative (driver) shall pick you up from the airport and transfer to hotel.
- Evening at leisure to explore the city.
- Overnight stay at the hotel in Helsinki.
Day 2: Helsinki sightseeing
Helsinki, Finland’s southern capital, sits on a peninsula in the Gulf of Finland. Its central avenue, Mannerheimintie, is flanked by institutions including the National Museum.
- After early breakfast proceed for the city sightseeing tour using the Helsinki card provided.
- The Helsinki Card (48 hrs) provided can be used for sightseeing, entry to attractions and usage of public transport.
- Overnight at hotel in Helsinki.
Day 3: Helsinki -> Rovaniemi Arrival
- After breakfast at the hotel, checkout and transfer to the airport to catch the flight for Rovaniemi .
- Upon arrival at Rovaniemi, you shall be transferred to the hotel for check-in.
- In the evening proceed for the below activity.
- Fatbikes are like mountain bikes with huge, wide tires. They are light and very easy to ride on any ground, even on ice and snow! Fatbiking is a great way to explore the surrounding, stunning scenery of the Arctic wilderness.
- We stop for a break by the fire to grill sausages and warm up with a hot drink.
- Duration for this activity is 2.5 hours.
Dinner at the Sky Restaurant
- Later in the evening, you shall be picked up for the Aurora Dinner at the Sky Ounasvaara Panorama Restaurant.
- This restaurant is frequently awarded as the best restaurant in Lapland, famous for its modern Lappish cuisine. Situated on top of the Ounasvaara hill, the scenery the restaurant offers from the open-air roof terrace is a feast for the eyes.
- After enjoying the delicious 3- course Aurora menu, you can move up to the roof terrace accompanied by your very own wooden kuksa cup filled with warm Finnish berry juice. If lucky, the Aurora Borealis may appear in the sky completing your dining experience!
- Duration of this activity is 2.5 hours with return transfers
- Overnight stay at Arctic Snow Hotel - Glass Igloo in Rovaniemi.
Day 4: Rovaniemi – Experience Lapland
Rovaniemi is an urban oasis amidst the Arctic wilderness, where culture, wild activities, and fairytales come together
- After breakfast at the hotel proceed for the Ranua Wildlife Park Tour (Duration-4-5 hours)
- The zoo is situated 80 kilometers south from Rovaniemi and it takes about an hour to get there by car or by bus.
- Take a stroll through the zoo, and see animals and birds that live in natural conditions of the northern latitudes.
- Visit the souvenir shops, the shop of 'Fazer' candy factory, and the local wine shop where they sell unique wines made from wild berries like cloudberries, cowberries, bilberries etc.
- Includes transfer, guide, entrance fee to the zoo, buffet lunch.
- Return back and check-in to the Santa Claus Village Resort and set out to discover this world-renowned resort.
Activities not included in the package are
Santa Claus Village and Office:
- Traverse the Arctic Circle and meet Santa any time of year at the Santa Claus Village. Experience the magic of the holiday season at this theme park.
- Stay in the village or take a day trip into this festive wonderland.
- Take photos with Santa Claus in his office or strike a pose at the Arctic Circle line, which runs through the village and provides for a popular photo-op.
- Spread the holiday cheer by sending a card from Santa Claus' post office or purchase gifts for friends and loved ones at one of the village's Christmas-themed shops.
- Enjoy reindeer rides right in the backyard of Santa Claus Office at the Arctic Circle in Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi. Duration: about 5 min
- Prices: 18 €/ adult
- Available from 1st of September, Mon-Sat 10.00 – 16.00
Day 5: Rovaniemi Sightseeing
After breakfast at the hotel proceed for any of the below day tours:
Option 1: Day trip to Korouoma Canyon. (Duration of the tour is 4 to 5 hours.)
- This Korouoma canyon trip is an amazing experience both during summer and winter. Korouoma’s 100m high rocky walls and the serpentine river will leave you speechless.
- In summer you can experience the canyon’s unique flora and the tranquility of the forest.
- In winter, ice walls surround the valley and create the most extraordinary feeling.
- Remember to bring your camera!
Option 2: Kätkävaara Nature Path (Duration of the tour is 6 hours).
- Kätkävaara is located between Rovaniemi and Kemi, close to the Pisavaara Strict Nature Reserve which is the strictest protected large nature reservations in all of Europe.
- The nature in the Kätkävaara region has unbelievably beautiful and diverse bio-diversity with plenty of wild animals and birds living in the area.
- The trail goes from the little forest ponds up to the summit with breathtaking views.
- Snacks and warm beverages will be served during the trip in a tepee.
- Return to the hotel after the day tour and rest of the day at leisure to explore the Santa Claus Village
Optional Tour in the afternoon:
- Husky is a general name for a sled-type of dog used in northern regions, differentiated from other sled-dog types by their fast pulling style
- These 4-legged helpers will receive you jumping and barking and take you to enjoy the forest.
- Imagine sitting on a sleigh covered with reindeer skins in the middle of the snowy forest where only the breathing of dogs pulling your sleigh can be heard. It is indeed a unique experience!
- Overnight at Santa Claus Village Resort in Rovaniemi
Day 6: Rovaniemi Sightseeing -> Evening train to Helsinki
- After an early breakfast at the hotel, you shall indulge in activities or sightseeing at the Santa Claus Village till noon.
- Check-out by 12:00 and proceed to Rovaniemi Railway station. Santa Claus Village resort offers free drop.
- Proceed for sightseeing in Rovaniemi. A daily pass for the bus routes is available for 8.80€ for traveling by bus.
- Following are the attractions suggested which are within short distances of each other from the city center-Rovaniemi Church, Kauppakeskus Sampokeskus – Gift and Speciality Shops, Arktikum - Situated on top of the Arctic Circle, serves as a museum, science center, and conference venue
- Later in the evening board the overnight direct train to Helsinki from Rovaniemi railway station.
- Overnight on the train.
Day 7: Helsinki Arrival and Sightseeing
- Upon arrival at Helsinki railway station, proceed to drop your luggage at the cloakroom facility available.
- You shall be provided with the 48 hrs Helsinki City Card
- Overnight at hotel in Helsinki
The card entitles travelers to the following benefits:
- Sightseeing tours by bus or boat
- Unlimited travel on public transport in Helsinki and ferry to/from Suomenlinna Sea
- Entry to the major museums and sights
- Several discounts in restaurants, shops, and concerts
- Guidebook, including maps and complete tourist information.
Top attractions included:
- Suomenlinna Fortress Island
- Panorama Sightseeing Audio tour
- SEA LIFE Helsinki
- Olympic Stadium Tower
- The Finnish Nature Centre Haltia
- Ateneum Art Museum
- Helsinki Zoo in Korkeasaari
- Hard Rock Cafe Helsinki
- National Museum of Finland
- And much more!
Day 8: Helsinki Departure
Arrival breakfast, proceed for half-day sightseeing or as per the flight timing, you shall be transferred to the airport to board the flight home.
- 03 Nights stay in Helsinki in a 3* hotel on double sharing basis
- 01 Night stay in Rovaniemi in Arctic Snow Hotel (Glass Igloo) or similar on double sharing
- 02 Nights stay in Rovaniemi at Santa Claus Village Resort or similar on double sharing in Superior Cottage
- 01 Night in overnight train from Rovaniemi to Helsinki on 1st Nov 2018 (Sleeping Compartments on double sharing basis)
- Scandinavian buffet breakfast throughout your stay
- Private Transfers from
- Finland (Airport-Hotel-Airport-Railway Station-Airport)
- Rovaniemi (Airport-Arctic Snow Hotel-Santa Claus Village)
- Activities as below:
- Arctic Fatbiking
- Aurora Dinner At Sky Ounasvaara Panorama Restaurant Rovaniemi (With Return Transfers – 2.5 Hrs)
- Optional tours - Korouoma Canyon tour or Kätkävaara Nature Path trail
- Ranua Zoo Visit (5 Hours) with transfer from the hotel
- Aurora Adventure By Open Fire (3 hours) with transfer from the hotel
- Helsinki City Card (48 Hours)
- GST @ 5% on the total package pricing
- International return airfare from India to Helsinki.
- Visa processing charges
- Entry fees to monuments and attractions (not mentioned in itinerary)
- Activities inside the Santa Claus Village, Rovaniemi.
- Meals other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages with meals.
- Expenses of personal nature (tips, porterage etc.)
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability on the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
LocationFinland – Helsinki and beyond
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type