Nature’s most mysterious phenomena, the northern lights take center stage in this Denmark and Finland with Northern Lights getaway. Come and be mesmerized!
Infused with an ethereal Nordic light, Denmark has a wide variety of landscapes and areas of natural beauty waiting to be explored. Denmark also deserves the more enticing title of “Best Scandinavian Beach Destination.” Along the Danish Riviera north of Copenhagen, you can find white sand beaches and charming fishing villages
One of the best places to spot the powerful and unique natural phenomenon, the Northern Lights and winter’s frozen magic is what makes a visit to Finland a must.
Discover more of Denmark and Finland with Northern Lights with our 7 Nights/8 Days Package
This package covers Copenhagen (3N), Rovaniemi (2N), 1N on board the train from Rovaniemi to Helsinki, Helsinki (1N)
Ideal season for the tour
Denmark is a great year-round destination with something to offer whatever the weather. Each season has its own distinct personality, though, and your experience in Denmark will vary a lot depending on when you choose to go.
The Northern Lights season in Finnish Lapland spans from mid-August until early April. Contrary to popular belief, the best times for spotting the Auroras are at the beginning and end of the season.
- Competitive pricing
- Hosts approved by the local tourism board
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Denmark and Finland with Northern Lights
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Arrival in Copenhagen
- Pick up by the representative (driver) from Copenhagen airport
- Transfer to hotel and check-in
- After check-in, proceed to Tivoli Gardens (not included in the cost)
- Tivoli Gardens is an amusement park and pleasure garden in Copenhagen, Denmark. The park opened on 15 August 1843 and is the second-oldest operating amusement park in the world.
- During autumn, enjoy the autumn colors, the pumpkins (over 20,000), bales of straw, the perennials and aromatic herbs.
- Visitors can look forward to a transformed Tivoli, filled for the occasion of Halloween with scarecrows, spiders, cats and other creatures.
- The Copenhagen Card (72 hrs) which costs 88€ can be used to avail of free public transport within the city
- Tivoli garden entry (rides not included) is included in the card.
- Overnight stay at the hotel in Copenhagen.
Day 2: Copenhagen Sightseeing
Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark. This "friendly old girl of a town" is big enough to be a metropolis with shopping, culture, and nightlife par excellence, yet still small enough to be intimate, safe and easy to navigate. Overlooking the Øresund strait with Sweden just minutes away, it is a cultural and geographic link between mainland Europe and Scandinavia.
- After breakfast at the hotel proceed for
The Copenhagen Panorama Sightseeing and Canal Tour (3 Hours). Departure Point: Vester Voldgade by the City Hall Square
- The tour starts off by bus and continues by boat.
- You will spend half an hour at Amalienborg Palace where you can enjoy the beautiful changing of the guards at noon.
- After this, you can enjoy the many attractions in Copenhagen including photo stops at the Little Mermaid and the Royal Danish Opera House.
- Proceeding your bus tour, you will board one of the canal boats for a live-guided or audio guided tour on the beautiful canals of Copenhagen and explore more of the city.
- The cruise goes through the picturesque canals of Christianhavn and Frederiksholm where historical buildings are to be enjoyed side by side with modern architecture.
- After lunch, proceed for
The Copenhagen: Open Top Hop-On-Hop-Off - Mermaid Tour (1.2 Hours duration). Departure Point for hop-on-hop-off buses are: Gammel Strand, Gammel Strand 26, 1202 København K
- Enjoy beautiful Copenhagen at your own peace with the popular open top tours.
- The buses which depart every 30 minutes are adapted with an electronic roof, which is taken to use in case of rain and are heated during the winter.
- The tour covers all of the highlights of Copenhagen while allowing you to hop on hop off as much as you like.
- Some of the most important sights are the Little Mermaid, Rosenborg Castle, Langelinje, Statens Museum for Kunst, Amalienborg Palace, Christianshavn, Nyhavn, Strøget, Cefion Fountain.
- The ticket shall be valid 24 hours from time of boarding your Hop On Hop Off bus.
- Rest of the day at leisure.
- Overnight stay at the hotel in Copenhagen.
Day 3: Copenhagen -> Malmo
Located in the Scania province of Sweden, Malmö is close to both Copenhagen and the university town of Lund
- After early breakfast proceed to Malmö.
- Catch a train to from Copenhagen Central Station for the connection to Malmö.
- At Malmö, proceed for the Malmö Bike Tour
- Return to Copenhagen after the tour by train.
- Rest of the day at leisure to explore Copenhagen.
- Overnight stay at the hotel in Copenhagen.
- 3-hour small group bike tour of Malmö
- Bike around undiscovered parts of the city
- Learn facts about the places that most inspire your guide
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people to ensure a more personalized experience
Day 4: Copenhagen -> Rovaniemi
- After breakfast at the hotel, checkout, and transfer to the airport to catch the flight for Rovaniemi.
- Upon arriving at Rovaniemi, you shall be transferred to the hotel for check-in.
- In the evening proceed for the below activity.
Scenic Drive with Electric Bikes (2 Hours) - Min 6 Pax.
- An enjoyable and relaxing biking trip in the beautiful natural settings of the Ounasvaara hill.
- This tour is suitable for everyone and will give you the chance to experience new Electric Fat Bikes which makes pedaling easier and getting to places much more fun!
- Drive together with your guide along beautiful roads and forest paths in some of the most scenic areas of Rovaniemi and hear stories about the local nature and life in Lapland.
Dinner at the Sky Restaurant
- Later in the evening, you shall be picked up for the Aurora Dinner at the Sky Ounasvaara Panorama Restaurant.
- This restaurant is frequently awarded as the best restaurant in Lapland, famous for its modern Lappish cuisine. Situated on top of the Ounasvaara hill, the scenery the restaurant offers from the open-air roof terrace is a feast for the eyes.
- After enjoying the delicious 3- course Aurora menu, you can move up to the roof terrace accompanied by your very own wooden kuksa cup filled with warm Finnish berry juice. If lucky, the Aurora Borealis may appear in the sky completing your dining experience!
- Duration of this activity is 2.5 hours with return transfers
- Overnight stay at Arctic Snow Hotel - Glass Igloo in Rovaniemi.
Day 5: Rovaniemi – Experience Lapland
Rovaniemi is an urban oasis amidst the Arctic wilderness, where culture, wild activities, and fairytales come together
- After breakfast at the hotel proceed for the Ranua Wildlife Park Tour (Duration-4-5 hours)
- The zoo is situated 80 kilometers south from Rovaniemi and it takes about an hour to get there by car or by bus.
- Take a stroll through the zoo, and see animals and birds that live in natural conditions of the northern latitudes.
- Visit the souvenir shops, the shop of 'Fazer' candy factory, and the local wine shop where they sell unique wines made from wild berries like cloudberries, cowberries, bilberries etc.
- Includes transfer, guide, entrance fee to the zoo, buffet lunch.
- Return back and check-in to the Santa Claus Village Resort and set out to discover this world-renowned resort.
Activities not included in the package are
Santa Claus Village and Office:
- Traverse the Arctic Circle and meet Santa any time of year at the Santa Claus Village. Experience the magic of the holiday season at this theme park.
- Stay in the village or take a day trip into this festive wonderland.
- Take photos with Santa Claus in his office or strike a pose at the Arctic Circle line, which runs through the village and provides for a popular photo-op.
- Spread the holiday cheer by sending a card from Santa Claus' post office or purchase gifts for friends and loved ones at one of the village's Christmas-themed shops.
- Enjoy reindeer rides right in the backyard of Santa Claus Office at the Arctic Circle in Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi. Duration: about 5 min
- Prices: 18 €/ adult
- Available from 1st of September, Mon-Sat 10.00 – 16.00
Later in the evening, you shall be picked up from the hotel for the Aurora Borealis Hunting and Picnic Experience. (Duration of the tour will be ~ 3 hours)
Aurora borealis or the Northern Lights are one of nature's great displays, a free, multicolored light show that is most commonly seen in the Arctic regions. Every performance is different, a beautiful, shifting dance of nocturnal rainbows that many viewers find a humbling and spiritually uplifting experience.
- During this tour, you shall be transferred to a location far away from the city lights, with a magnificent view of the starry sky.
- Watch the dark skies from a camp with a traditional Finnish Laavu-building and campfire and learn a lot about this natural phenomenon, and also how to take pictures of it!
- Here, in Lapland, you can watch the Northern Lights 200 nights a year on average. The best time to observe the northern lights is from September to April.
- Sitting by the fire, grill and eat Lappish sausages as the guide tells you about the facts, myth, and beliefs associated with the northern lights.
- And, if lucky, you will see the northern lights, shimmering in the dark blue sky.
- Tea and coffee will also be available.
- Overnight at Santa Claus Village Resort in Rovaniemi
Day 6: Rovaniemi Sightseeing -> Evening train to Helsinki
- After an early breakfast at the hotel, you shall indulge in activities or sightseeing at the Santa Claus Village till noon.
- Check-out by 12:00 and proceed to Rovaniemi Railway station. Santa Claus Village resort offers free drop.
- Proceed for sightseeing in Rovaniemi. A daily pass for the bus routes is available for 8.80€ for traveling by bus.
- Following are the attractions suggested which are within short distances of each other from the city center-Rovaniemi Church, Kauppakeskus Sampokeskus – Gift and Speciality Shops, Arktikum - Situated on top of the Arctic Circle, serves as a museum, science center, and conference venue
- Later in the evening board the overnight direct train to Helsinki from Rovaniemi railway station.
- Overnight on the train.
Day 7: Helsinki Arrival and Sightseeing
- Upon arrival at Helsinki railway station, proceed to drop your luggage at the cloakroom facility available.
- You shall be provided with the 24 hrs Helsinki City Card
- Overnight at the hotel in Helsinki
The card entitles travelers to the following benefits:
- Sightseeing tours by bus or boat
- Unlimited travel on public transport in Helsinki and ferry to/from Suomenlinna Sea
- Entry to the major museums and sights
- Several discounts in restaurants, shops, and concerts
- Guidebook, including maps and complete tourist information.
Top attractions included:
- Suomenlinna Fortress Island
- Panorama Sightseeing Audio tour
- SEA LIFE Helsinki
- Olympic Stadium Tower
- The Finnish Nature Centre Haltia
- Ateneum Art Museum
- Helsinki Zoo in Korkeasaari
- Hard Rock Cafe Helsinki
- National Museum of Finland
- And much more!
Day 8: Helsinki Departure
Arrival breakfast, proceed for half-day sightseeing or as per the flight timing, you shall be transferred to the airport to board the flight home.
- 03 Nights stay in Copenhagen in 3* hotel or similar
- 01 Night stay in Rovaniemi in Arctic Snow Hotel (Glass Igloo) or similar
- 01 Night stay in Rovaniemi at Santa Claus Village Resort or similar in Superior Cottage
- 01 Night in the overnight train from Rovaniemi to Helsinki (Sleeping Compartments on double sharing basis)
- 01 Night stay in Helsinki on a double sharing basis.
- Scandinavian buffet breakfast throughout your stay
- Flights from Copenhagen -> Rovaniemi with 1 piece Checked-in baggage paid (20 kgs maximum weight)
- Private Transfers from
- Copenhagen (Airport-Hotel-Airport)
- Rovaniemi (Airport-Arctic snow Hotel-Santa Claus Village-Railway Station)
- Helsinki (Railway Station-Hotel-Airport)
- Return train ticket from Copenhagen to Malmo for the Malmo Bike Tour
- Activities as below:
- Copenhagen Panorama Sightseeing And Canal Tour (3 Hours)
- Copenhagen: Open Top Hop On Hop Off - Mermaid Tour (1.2 Hour)
- Malmö Bike Tour (3 Hours)
- Scenic Drive With Electric Bikes at Rovaniemi (2 Hours) - Min 6 Pax
- Aurora Dinner At Sky Ounasvaara Panorama Restaurant Rovaniemi (With Return Transfers – 2.5 Hrs)
- Ranua Zoo Visit (5 Hours) with a transfer from hotel
- Aurora Adventure By Open Fire (3 hours) with a transfer from hotel
- Helsinki City Card (24 Hours)
- GST @ 5% on the total package pricing
- International return airfare from India to Copenhagen and return from Helsinki
- Visa processing charges
- Entry fees to monuments and attractions (not mentioned in itinerary)
- Activities inside the Santa Claus Village, Rovaniemi.
- Meals other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages with meals.
- Expenses of personal nature (tips, porterage etc.)
- Checked-in luggage if more than 1 piece on Copenhagen to Rovaniemi flight.
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability on the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
LocationDenmark and Finland with Northern Lights
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type