Granite cliffs, thrashing streams, and lonely mountain passes vie for your attention alongside turquoise waters and serene mountains in bewitching Bulgaria
The Balkan nation of Bulgaria is bordered by Greece, Romania, Turkey, and Serbia. Best known for its beautiful Black Sea coast, it also has a rich history and culture which is reflected in the architecture of its numerous heritage sites.
Bulgaria is a Balkan nation with diverse terrain encompassing Black Sea coastline, a mountainous interior and rivers, including the Danube. A cultural melting pot with Greek, Slavic, Ottoman, and Persian influences, it has a rich heritage of traditional dance, music, costumes, and crafts
Discover more of Bulgaria with our 6 Nights/7 Days package.
This package covers Sofia (2N), Garmen (1N), Bansko (1N) Plovdiv (1N) and Koprivshtitsa (1N)
Ideal season for the tour
As with all European capitals, the best time to visit is during spring or autumn- April, May, September. Spring is pleasant with cool mornings and nights and warm days. Summer is quite warm, with extended sunny days.
- Competitive pricing
- Hosts approved by the local tourism board
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Bulgaria – Off The Beaten Path
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Sofia
Sofia is home to many of Bulgaria's finest museums, galleries, restaurants, and clubs.
- Arrival in Sofia.
- Transfer from the airport to a 4* hotel in the city center.
- Welcome dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Sofia –>Rila Monastery –>Melnik–>Garmen
Melnik – the smallest town in Bulgaria, famous for its sand cliffs is also one of the most popular wine growing regions in Bulgaria.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Depart for the Rila Monastery-the biggest Bulgarian spiritual center and is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. The Monastery has a rich collection of icons and wall-paintings.
- Visit the museum within the monastery and marvel at its treasure - a wooden cross just 81 cm in height, carved with 104 religious scenes and 650 figures.
- Continue south, very close to the border with Greece to visit Melnik
- Wine tasting at the Villa Melnik winery.
- Dinner and overnight at the Garmen Hills complex – private cottage houses nestled in the woods between Pirin and Rhodopes mountains.
Day 3: Garmen –>Dolno –>Dobarsko–>Bansko
Bansko is the most famous resort in the Pirin mountains. It’s a gateway to numerous ski and snowboard slopes on Todorka Peak, including the challenging Tomba run.
- Breakfast at the complex.
- Departure towards Bansko.
- Before Bansko, visit a local rural house in Dolno Draglishe Village. The host will be at your disposal for a cooking class and to explain some of the old traditions and rituals of this part of the country.
- Cooking lunch as per the host's instructions.
- After lunch leave for Dobarsko Village.
- Visit the St. Teodor Church known for its unique wall paintings.
- Continue towards Bansko.
- Overnight in Bansko
Day 4: Bansko –>Rhodopes Train Trip –>Kostandovo–>Plovdiv
- After breakfast – sightseeing of Bansko.
- Visit the St Trinity church and the beautifully decorated house of Master Velyan.
- Continues the journey with a one-hour train trip through the Rhodopes Mountain The train, the only one in the Balkans that travels on a narrow-gauge line passes through places offering spectacular views.
- In the afternoon visit the unique carpet factory at Kostandovo producing giant carpets of more than 100 m2. The clients of this small family-run factory are world celebrities like Queen Elizabeth II and Mick Jagger.
- Reach Plovdiv by late afternoon.
- Overnight and dinner in Plovdiv.
Day 5: Plovdiv –>Valley Of Roses –>Taja–>Koprivshtitsa
Plovdiv, the “City Of The Seven Hills’’ is the oldest city in Europe still existing today. It was called 'Philippopolis' in the IV century B.C. in honor of King Philip II of Macedonia. Today Plovdiv is the cultural center of Bulgaria and selected as the European Capital Of Culture for 2019.
- After breakfast – sightseeing of Old Plovdiv.
- Visit the Ethnographical Museum, the St. Constantine and Elena Churches, the Antique Theatre and the Roman Stadium.
- Explore the beautiful Rose Valley and visit the Tarnichene Rose Oil Distillery – a high quality Bulgarian essential oils producer, operating since 1909
- Next is the visit to the village of Taja and Sasha’s Secret Garden – a private botanical garden with more than 500 species of flowers, plants, and trees.
- Relish on the host's delicious home-made snacks – cake, coffee, tea, natural fruit juice and also on some Bulgarian yogurt from the region.
- In the afternoon reach Koprivshtitsa – a small town situated in a picturesque valley among the mountains.
- Soak in the unique atmosphere of the Revival Period in Bulgaria in the town now turned into a museum.
- Enjoy the beautiful 19th-century houses and outstanding ethnographic treasures that can be seen together with significant historical monuments in the town.
- Overnight in a traditional house that has now been turned into a hotel.
Day 6: Koprivshtitsa –>Sofia
- After breakfast – depart for Sofia.
- On reaching, tour Sofia and visit the Alexander Nevski Cathedral, the St. Sofia Basilica which has given the city its name, the Underground Museum below St. Sofia Basilica, the Antique Roman Forum dated III-IV-th century (the time of Emperor Constantine the Great).
- Visit the quadrangle of tolerance which has the temples of the major religions in Bulgaria: the Christian Orthodox, the Catholic, the Muslim and the Jewish, the square with the Royal Palace, the Boulevard to King Liberator, the Parliament, the National Theatre, and the historical and cultural center of the capital.
- In the afternoon – visit the Boyana Church – a medieval Bulgarian Orthodox church situated in the Boyana district, near Sofia. The monument is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. The church is one of the most completely and perfectly preserved monuments of east European medieval art. The frescoes in the church, painted in 1259, make it one of the most important collections of medieval paintings.
- Overnight in a 4* hotel in Sofia.
Dinner in a typical Bulgarian folk style restaurant with excellent cuisine, a great selection of wines and a folklore show.
Day 7: SofiaAfter breakfast – transfer to the airport depending on your flight schedule.
- Accommodation for 7 nights in comfortable quality hotels
- 11 meals – 6 breakfasts, 4 dinners, and 1 lunch
- Transportation by a comfortable car, van or minibus. for groups up to 6 passengers, the guide is also the driver.
- Professional English speaking guide for all the tour days and an English speaking assistant for airport transfers
- Train journey in the Rhodopes Mountain
- Wine tasting in Melnik
- Cooking class in Dolno Draglishte Village
- Entrance fees for the museums, sights, and churches
- Porterage service included
- International or local flights;
- Visa charges
- Meals than mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages with meals.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Optional Activity: Dinner with folklore show in Sofia – 35 EUR per person
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability on the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client.
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
LocationBulgaria – Off The Beaten Path
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type