Dramatic and amazing Himalayan landscapes, monasteries and fortresses (or dzongs)-Bewitching Bhutan is shrouded in mystery and magic
The Kingdom of bewitching Bhutan is a small landlocked country located in the southern foothills of the Himalayan mountain range, sandwiched between the People’s Republic of China in the north and the Republic of India in the south. The Bhutanese pride themselves on a sustainable approach to tourism in line with the philosophy of Gross National Happiness.
Picture-book landscape, unique architecture, lovely forest hikes, Bewitching Bhutan offers one of the last pristine pockets in the entire Himalaya.
Discover more of Bewitching Bhutan with our 9 Nights/10 Days Package
This package covers Siliguri (2N), Darjeeling (1N), Phuntsholing (2N), Thimphu (2N), Punakha (1N) and Paro(1N)
Ideal season for the tour
October to December is the ideal time to visit Bhutan as the air is clear and fresh with sunny skies.
January and February are colder, but from then until April the climate remains dry and pleasant and in late spring the famous rhododendrons bloom spectacularly, flooding the valleys with color.
- Competitive pricing
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Bewitching Bhutan
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Arrive in Siliguri
- Arrive at Siliguri Airport
- Transfer to the hotel and check-in
- Overnight stay in Siliguri.
Day 2: Siliguri -> Darjeeling
En route to Darjeeling, also known as the queen of the hills, encounter the mesmerizing views of dense forests along the slopes of the mountain, the vegetation, combined with the excitement of rafting torrents and foaming waters create an unforgettable experience.
- Check out from Siliguri after breakfast and drive towards Darjeeling
- Check into the Darjeeling property.
- Places to visit are Kanchenjunga Mountain Viewpoint, Darjeeling Himalaya Railway
- Overnight stay in Darjeeling.
(Note- Darjeeling is a 3hrs journey from Siliguri so, we recommend our customers to stay at Darjeeling)
Day 3: Darjeeling -> Siliguri
- Check out from Darjeeling after breakfast and drive back to Siliguri.
- Check into the Siliguri property.
- Walk around the city.
- You may choose to visit ISKCON Temple and Salugara Monastery depending upon the time.
- Overnight stay in Siliguri
Day 4: Siliguri -> Phuntsholing
Phuntsholing is a border town in southern Bhutan and is the administrative seat (dzongkhag thromde) of Chukha District.
- Check out from Siliguri after breakfast and drive towards Phuntsholing.
- Check into the Phuntsholing property and complete the immigration paperwork.
- Places to visit are Zangto Pelri, Karbandi Monastery, Palden Tashi Chholing Tsuglagkhang, Crocodile Park.
- Overnight stay in Phuntsholing.
Day 5: Phuntsholing ->Thimpu
Thimphu, Bhutan’s capital, occupies a valley in the country’s western interior. In addition to being the government seat, the city is known for its Buddhist sites.
- Check out from Phuntsholing after breakfast and drive towards Thimphu
- Explore forested mountains dotted with monasteries and temples en route to Thimphu
- Check into the Thimpu property.
- A walk through the city with afternoon visits to museums and chortens offers a window into the ancient culture.
- Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Day 6: Thimpu Sightseeing
- After breakfast, take an invigorating walk to Cheri Goemba.
- The trail starts by crossing a lovely covered bridge which is one of the country’s oldest cantilever bridges that spans the Wang Chhu, then climbs steeply to the monastery where the kingdom’s first community of monks was based
- Overnight stay in Thimphu
Day 7: Thimphu -> Punakha
Punakha is a town in the Himalayas of Bhutan. It's known for the Punakha Dzong, a 17th-century fortress at the juncture of the Pho and Mo Chhu rivers.
- Check out from Thimpu after breakfast and drive towards Punakha.
- Visit the Dochula Mountain Pass en route to Punakha valley, stopping at one of Bhutan’s first fortress monasteries.
- Check into the Punakha accommodation
- Visit the village of Talo, home to the temple of the queen mother’s protective deity.
- Take an afternoon hike or a soothing spa treatment at Amankora Punakha.
- Overnight stay in Punakha
Day 8: Punakha -> Paro
Paro is a town and seat of Paro District, in the Paro Valley of Bhutan. It is a historic town with many sacred sites and historical buildings
- Check out from Punakha after breakfast and drive towards Paro
- Check into the Paro property
- A morning hike ascends to Tiger’s Nest (Paro Taktsang) – one of Bhutan’s most revered ancient sites
- Experience astonishing views from the monastery, perched on a cliff 900 meters above the valley floor, before taking a hot stone bath in the lodge spa.
- Overnight stay at Paro
Day 9: Paro -> Phuntsholing
- Check out from Paro after breakfast and drive towards Phuntsholing.
- Check into Phuntsholing
- Overnight stay in Phuntsholing.
Day 10: Phuntsholing -> Siliguri
- Check out from Phuntsholing after breakfast and drive towards Siliguri.
- Reach Siliguri Airport to catch the flight back home
- Accommodation at all the places
- Lunch, Dinner or any other meals, which are not mentioned in the inclusion
- Anything which is not mentioned in the inclusion
- GST 5%
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability of the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client.
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type