Journey through Austria is in itself a Mozart-ian orchestra, the chords being snow-capped Alps, deeply carved valleys, and the Hapsburg heritage buildings.
The Hapsburgs have left Austria with a mesmerizing collection of palaces and castles dotted against a picturesque setting. The country is characterized by mountain villages, baroque architecture, imperial history and rugged Alpine terrain
The indisputable center of your holiday, whether a ski holiday in winter or family holiday in summer, is the town of Zell am See, in Austria a good base location to do day trips to Salzburg or Innsbruck, and is never too far to reach from major cities.
Swimming beaches, open-air pools, the lakeside promenade and all kinds of water sports let you quickly forget everyday life.
Discover more of Austria with our 6 Nights/7 Days package.
This package covers Zell am See (6N), Kaprun, Salzburg, Innsbruck, and Berchtesgaden (a German Village)
Ideal season for the tour
The months of July to August are the peak season for travelers. In the lake areas, the peak season is June to September.
In the shoulder months (Mar to Mid-May and Sep to Oct), the weather’s changeable, the lakes are chilly and the hiking’s excellent. Also, most of the sights are open and less crowded at this time of the year.
- Competitive pricing
- Hosts approved by the local tourism board
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Amazing Austria
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Vienna
Vienna is the capital and largest city of Austria
- Arrive at Vienna International Airport.
- Proceed to Zell am See village in Salzburg state of Austria via the opted mode of transport.
- Reach your Apart hotel by evening and retire for the day. Approximate travel time 4 hours.
- Overnight at Apart hotel.
Day 2: Zell am See
Zell am See is an Austrian town on Lake Zell, south of the city of Salzburg. Experience a wonderfully relaxing way to enjoy your holiday in Zell am See – on the water. The unique view of the romantic town Zell am See and the surrounding mountain scenery lake visitors’ hearts beat faster. Choose comfort and luxury on the MS Schmittenhöhe or take a round trip on the Kaiserin Elisabeth and enjoy an insight into the life of Empress “Sisi”.
- After breakfast proceed for local sightseeing and experiences in Zell am See.
- Boat trips at Lake Zell is a great option to relax and enjoy Zell Am See.
- Post lunch you may visit three Lidos Zell am See which is a summer bathing paradise.
- The three lidos in Zell am See, Thumersbach and Schüttdorf/Seespitz – which also all have solar-heated pools – invite you to enjoy one of the cleanest swimming lakes in Europe. All of the lidos are different – with their giant slippery slides, toddler pools, diving platform, trampoline, boat hire and waterski school. Something for everyone to enjoy.
Day 3: Zell am See -> Salzburg
Salzburg which literally means 'salt fortress' is the fourth largest city in Austria
- After breakfast proceed for the Salzburg city tour. Mode of transport could be the local train from Zell am See to Salzburg.
- The Residenzplatz and Fountain, Hohensalzburg Castle, St. Peter's Church (Stiftskirche St. Peter), Salzburg Cathedral (Dom), Mozart's Birthplace and Altstadt (Old Town) are few of the major attractions of Salzburg.
- The Salzburg card will enable you to free transport and access to all major attractions at no additional cost.
- After sightseeing, return to Zell Am see.
- Overnight stay at Zell am See.
- Travel time to Salzburg city center will be approximately 90 minutes.
Day 4: Zell am See
- After breakfast, you shall proceed to mountains to opt for one of the hiking trails.
- The “WanderErlebnisbus” hiking bus enables summer guests in Zell am See-Kaprun to be driven up to 1,540 m, the starting point of many fabulous hikes. In fact, it makes the whole hiking area of the beautiful Maiskogel mountain accessible.The bus takes you to the start, and collects you at the finish, of one of Kaprun’s loveliest hiking paths, the Alexander Enzinger Path. Your well-being is also ensured! The alm huts and mountain guest houses invite you to enjoy local culinary specialties such as homemade cheese, elderberry juice, and schnapps.
- On the way back depending on the time you may choose to visit Sigmond Thun Gorge Kaprun.
- Visitors walk along a narrow path over many wooden planks and bridges beside steep rocky walls. The tumultuous wild water of the Kaprun river is a fascinating natural spectacle, which you should not miss! 14,000 years ago the whole Kaprun valley was covered by a glacier. The Kapruner Ache poured through this valley trench that was left behind when the glacier melted.
- Please remember to visit Klammsee natural paradise – children’s playground.
Day 5: Zell am See -> Innsbruck
Innsbruck is the capital city of Tyrol in western Austria and is the fifth-largest city in Austria.
- After breakfast proceed for Innsbruck city tour. You may take a local train from Zell Am See to Innsbruck.
- Visit the Swarovski Crystal Museum on the way from Zell am see to Innsbruck.
- Innsbruck card includes free transport and free entry to all major attractions.
- The Hofkirche and the Emperor's Tomb, The Golden Roof, Old Town Innsbruck, The Nordkettenbahnen, Alpenzoo Innsbruck-Tyrol (Zoo) and Ambras Palace are major attractions at Innsbruck.
- Approximate travel time to Innsbruck city center will be approximately 2 hours.
Day 6: Berchtesgaden
Travel to Berchtesgaden, border municipal town along the German – Austrian border. This is a truly offbeat destination in Germany.
- Explore this beautiful town by walk.
- Visit Lake Konigssee, Obersalzburg – Starting point documentation center, Eagle's nest – 2 hours hiking or special bus
- Evening return to Zell Am see
- Overnight at Apart hotel.
Day 7: Zell am See -> Vienna
Check out early morning and proceed to Vienna International airport as per the chosen mode of transport.
Visit Kitzsteinhorn - Top of Salzburg
An amazing experience at 3,029 m. Surrounded by Austria’s highest peaks, the Kitzsteinhorn opens up an unforgettable world of mountains and glaciers. Gipfelwelt 3000: Experience the fascination, energy, and grandeur of high alpine nature right at the top of the Kitzsteinhorn. Enjoy the marvelous views of the Hohe Tauern National Park. “Top of Salzburg” panorama platform: Salzburg’s highest panorama platform situated at 3,029 m in the middle of Austria’s highest mountains.
National Park Gallery
5 information stations, mystically set inside the mountain. Plus an impressive panorama platform.
Experience impressive moods of nature, shown in Austria’s highest cinema.
The thrilling feeling of snow even in summer – with slippery slides, snow beach and much more.
Free National Park Ranger tours in summer: Daily “Nationalpark Gallery Tour”
Visit National Park Worlds Hohe Tauern
There are ten information stations (e.g. treasure room with 3D adventure cinema, glacier world with Pasterze time wheel) where visitors can experience nature at first hand, making the habitat of the Alps almost close enough to touch.
Visit Wildlife & Adventure Park Fusch
Enjoy this wildlife park with over 250 interesting wild animals, surrounded by the magnificent Hohe Tauern National Park. Gentle paths lead you through the park with it’s interesting native animals and the interactive fish pavilion represents the life of the fishes in the Hohe Tauern National Park. In the adjoining adventure park there are over 40 adventure games for young and old.
- Stay for a seven nights stay in a fully furnished apartment with 1 bed room, hall and fully equipped kitchen.
- Extra Bed charges
- Housekeeping charges
- Breakfast on all days during your stay at Apart hotel.
- Zell am See Summer card and sightseeing/activities/local shuttle at heavily subsidized rate of 1 Euro per person.
- Transport inside Austria as per the option chosen (from Vienna and return)
- International or Domestic flight charges (optional but can be included in the package if needed with separate costing)
- Visa processing charges
- GST @ 5% on overall package cost.
- Travel insurance.
- Meals other than breakfast.
- Refundable deposit in the form of a Pre-authorization.at the time of check-in.
- Local travel other those mentioned from Vienna to Zell am See and return.
- The trip to the German border.
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Travelcard (day pass) at Salzburg and Innsbruck
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability on the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client.
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type