Gavi Forest,part of Periyar Tiger Reserve in Kerala is sure to keep you engaged with it’s captivating view of the wildlife .
1 Night/ 2 Days Tour
This Experiential Holiday can be customized with variations on “Number of Days”. Sightseeing at Gavi can be combined with the package tour of touristy places such as Munnar, Thekady or Madurai in Kerala. Send an inquiry and our Travel experts will customize your Holiday itinerary as per your requirement.
Best Season to Travel
- Good times to visit Gavi are from September to May .
- The summer months of March and April provide plenty of opportunity for spotting wildlife near the water bodies in the forest.
- If the monsoons do not deter you, then June, July, and August is when the area is at its greenest best!
Read more about the destination Gavi in the Online Travel Guide section.
Highlights of this Experiential Tour
Gavi Forest is part of the Periyar Tiger Reserve and is also home to five dams. Blessed with nature’s bounty, the region is rich in flora and fauna which offer spectacular vistas. Waterfalls, hills, valleys, grasslands, and cardamom plantations all abound in the area. A haven for birdwatchers, the forest is also home to many endangered species such as the Nilgiri Tahr and the Lion-tailed Macaque.
1) Safe and Comfy: The accommodations provided are comfortable with safety being assigned prime importance. Refreshments and meals will be served at appropriate times and experienced guides will be available for safaris, trekking, and similar activities.
2) Interesting Activities – The location is perfect for activities such as trekking, cycling, boating, day or night safari, and campfires. Barbecues can also be enjoyed if the mood strikes you. A lake, museum, cardamom plantations, curing house and spectacular viewpoints are some of the sights you could see during your visit.
3) Overnight Stay – Over night comfortable stay can be arranged in Home Stay, Forest Guest House,Tents or Tree House as per your preference. For those seeking adventure, overnight camping in the forest amidst the wildlife can be an exhilarating experience to go for. Local cuisine is served in the accommodation for an authentic experience of Kerala Holidays.
4) Gavi Forest Tour – Gavi is part of Periyar Tiger reserve. The full day tour of the well maintained and exclusive Gavi forest is an experience in itself. The entry to the forest is limited to only 20 vehicles per day by the Kerala Forest officials to guard the privacy of wildlife here. Travelers all over the world book this tour in advance to avoid disappointment for entry to this beautiful Gavi forest. Food arrangements are all taken care of with homemade breakfast, lunch & snacks along with fresh seasonal juices or coffee/tea provided during this full day tour of the forest.
An alluring view of the Nature along with a thrilling wildlife experience is what to expect from this Experiential Tour. Send us an inquiry if you wish to know more about this trip.
Available packages for Thrilling Gavi Forest Stay & Experience in Kerala
We are sorry, there are no rooms available at this accommodation at the moment
Day 1 – Arrive at Ranni and enjoy various activities
This trip starts from Ranni in the afternoon. From Ranni you will proceed to Adavi (Konni) which is around 24 km distance, a 40 mins drive. You will get to experience bowl boating at Adavi (konni) and Elephant cage visit at Perunthenaruvi Waterfalls. Enjoy the evening tea/coffee with homemade snacks in the wilds! By evening you will proceed towards the lodge or resort for the night at Nillackal forest lodge at Gavi. After dinner time a night safari can be arranged for the families staying at Nillackal Lodge. The Night Safari experience for 3 -4 hours is one of it's kind and if lucky can get you a close view of the wild kinds!
Day 2 – Exploring the Gavi forest
You can start your day early on with walking, trekking or cycling activities before breakfast. After breakfast, check out and head to the Gavi forest area for extended exploration. Gavi is inside the Ranni Forest Reserve and part of Periyar Tiger Reserve. During the 80 km journey, you will get to see five dams, wild animals, different species of birds and the forest greenery. Homemade lunch will be served at Gavi forest. By early evening at the exit check-post of Vallakadavu, tea/coffee & snacks will be served. From there you will proceed to Parumthumpara hills for a beautiful view of the expansive landscape.
Then, as darkness falls, return to Ranni for onward journey to your final destination.
- Meals as per package chosen.
- Children below 5 stay free.
- Service tax
- Charges/Activities not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Activities such as boating at Adavi, elephant safari at Konni, night safari, trekking with expert guides (minimum 1 day), boating at Gavi, tribal dance, campfire, and barbecue.
Terms & Conditions
- A government approved identity document is required at the time of check-in.
- Foreign tourists will also need to have proof of identity as per regulations.
- Rates are per person on twin sharing basis. There have to be at least 5 people for a package to be tailored.
- 5% discount offered for groups with more than 10 persons.
- Package starts and ends at specified point in Ranni. Transportation from other places (pick and drop) will incur additional charges per kilometer.
- Any cancellations prior to 7 days of check-in will be eligible for refund of 50% of tour value, subject to bank transaction charges.
- Any cancellations within 7 days of check in will not be eligible for refunds
- All cancellation requests need to be intimated via email or in writing
LocationThrilling Gavi Forest Stay & Experience in Kerala
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type