Learn Scuba Diving from professional divers and explore the underwater world
Half a day of Fun diving – Intro to Scuba Diving
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAMS
Use “Send Inquiry” button to know the complete tour charges
PROGRAM 1 – Intro to Scuba with SSI registration
SSI registration counts towards your overall dive records (useful if you are doing more dives later)
PROGRAM 2 – Intro to Scuba without SSI registration (Lite version)
It is the exact same program, conducted to the same high standards, but only time limited to 20-25 min in water. Also, the SSI registration option is not available with this program
PROGRAM 3 – Half Day Scuba Diver Certification Course
This course trains you to dive up to 12m under professional supervision. The certificate is accepted worldwide and is valid for a lifetime and lets you upgrade to higher certification levels later if you want. This is a 1.5-day program and consists of part theory, part shallow water training, and 2 open water dives. The Open Water course is the standard first-level certification and is recommended for people who want to learn to dive professionally
For certified divers, we have an exciting array of options: all PADI & SSI continuing-education courses – Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver & Specialties as well as professional training up to Instructor (with SSI) or Divemaster (with PADI). Please use the Send Inquiry button above to find out further details on these advanced courses.
For Fun Diving:
- Good physical health with no pre-existing medical conditions
- Minimum age: 10
For Professional Diving:
- Good physical health with no pre-existing medical conditions
- Moderate fitness (ability to walk 20-30 min without fatigue)
- The ability to swim 200 m (any style, no time limit)
- The ability to float/tread water for 10 min
- Minimum age: 10
- Reporting time at the Dive center is 8 am.
- You need to have Normal breakfast before the scuba dive.
- The dive center cafe opens for breakfast at 6:45 am
- For beginners & fun divers – Scuba Diving can be enjoyed throughout the year.
Scuba Diving – Our Approach
This is the perfect program if you want to experience scuba diving in a controlled, safe environment. Swimming skills are NOT required for this program. This is not a training course but meant to give you a taste of diving (and hopefully, get you hooked on to the sport!)
Leave from the dive center to a nice sheltered reef. You get a briefing on what to do and what to expect during the day; then you spend some time doing shallow water skills and getting comfortable with the gear. After that, we go for a dive. A dive professional is in the water with you at all times and will handle your safety. We are back between 11:30 – 1 at most times. Maximum depth of the program is 12m – how deep we go will depend upon your comfort level in the water and the instructor’s discretion (we want you to have fun, but safety obviously comes first!). The dive duration depends on you, your air consumption and comfort level. Typically, it lasts 45 min or longer, but some people are able to extend it to an hour; others sometimes finish in as little as 20-25 minutes. From our side, there is no limit!
Please note that there are many ways to conduct this program – as with everything else, we do not take the dive-factory approach with this program. We conduct the program at a nice and leisurely pace; you are not hurried and if you need extra time to get comfy, you will get extra time to get comfy. Also, our programs are conducted by fully trained dive professionals – something that sounds very obvious, but regrettably, isn’t always the case. Snacks and water are provided on the boat, and we also take pictures of you underwater – we can burn this on a CD if you want, but if you bring a memory card or pen drive, that is generally better and more reliable.
If you want, you can also get registered with SSI for having completed this program, which counts towards your overall dive records (useful if you are doing more dives later). We also have a Lite version of the Intro to Scuba program – it is the exact same program, conducted to the same high standards, but only time limited to 20-25 min in water. Also, the SSI registration option is not available with this program.
Those who have booked the program need to be present at the dive center on the morning of their dive day between 8am-10am. Eat a normal breakfast before the scuba dive. All you need to bring is swimwear and a memory card/USB stick for your photos – the center takes care of the rest. Please leave valuables behind in the hotel. The dive center provides a storage space for keeping your things but there is no provision to lock it and anything left there is at the owner’s risk.
Available packages for Scuba Diving Holiday Fun At Andaman Island
We are sorry, there are no rooms available at this accommodation at the moment
Day 1 : EveningArrive at Port Blair Airport.You shall be received at the airport by our partner representative and dropped at sea facing service Apartment. Relax for the rest of the evening
Day 2 : MorningAfter Breakfast our representative will accompany you till the jetty. You are all set for cruise to Havelock by a catamaran Makruzz. (subject to Ticket availability. If tickets are not available on Makruzz Ferry,then a government operated ferry will have to be used for the transfer) You will check into one of our partner properties on Havelock. Rest assured our partner property is one of the highly rated properties in terms of location, food and activities and we think you will have a wonderful time staying there. If you need more info on the resort, please check the accommodation tab for a detailed information
At Havelock by AfternoonDepending on the ferry time, you will reach Havelock. You will be staying at Havelock these 3 nights/4 days. Beach is less than a minute walk from the resort. Soak in the relaxed life closer to the beach. The itinerary for the rest of the 4 days is quite flexible & completely upto you and your family to decide on the activities to undertake or just sack out on the beach
Day 3To take up fun diving for Family you will have to report at the dive center between 8 am to 10 am. Please read our instructions on Scuba Diving - our Approach in the Overview section.Your first half of the day will be spent at the diving center. Partake lunch by afternoon and after that take a trip back to time to explore narrow Mangrove waterways with a kayaking professional. With luck, you may even spot one of the rare salt-water crocodiles that are known to inhabit the area
Option 1:After Breakfast take up a hike in the outdoors. The outdoor enthusiast will find a variety of short walking trails in Havelock, some leading to hilltops and others to secluded beaches. Combine that with a picnic hamper and have a wonderful day of solitude. Or
Option 2:After Breakfast take up Kayaking lessons. Combine kayaking with snorkeling. Or simply go out for a short spin in the lagoon in front of the resort. Visit the best reefs of the Havelock area in the company of a dive professional who can help you identify what you see and also give you tips on improving your snorkeling and skin diving capabilities
Day 5 : EveningReturn to Port Blair. You may choose to return via Neil Island or return directly. This will have to be decided in advance as the property has to book ferry ticket accordingly
Day 6Local visit in and around Port Blair. Places of interest you can try to cover at Port Blair
- Ross Island: A must visit. We recommend that you pick up the first ferry at 8:30 AM so that you can have the place to yourself. A little bit of history about it please read the link.
- Cellular Jail: A prison set up for political prisoners during the British colonial days and now a tourist attraction for it's architecture and history. Do take out time to visit this trip down the memory lane.
Day 7After breakfast travel to Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park. 15 islands make up the Marine Park. It is a great place to see regions underwater life. A ferry from park will take you to red skin islands. Morning departure at 9:30 AM and return at 2:00 PM via glass bottomed ferry. If you reach back early you can shop at Sagarika Govt Emporium for the pearls or simply relax at the resort in the evening
Day 8 : MorningBreakfast and check out. Our partner representative will accompany you till the airport.
- Stay at chosen accommodations as per the itinerary on twin sharing basis.
- Breakfast is included as part of Port Blair accommodation
- Breakfast is chargeable during Havelock stay as per the property policy
- Inter Island Ferry charges from Port Blair to Havelock and back (Includes two way charges. children above two years of age are charged as per the full rate in cruise)
- Meet and Greet at the Airport
- Pick up from the Airport and drop at Hotel/Resort on arrival .
- Pick up from hotel and drop at jetty for ferry boarding for Havelock next day
- Pick from Havelock Jetty to resort on the arrival at Havelock
- While returning drop at Jetty for ferry boarding for Port Blair
- Pick up from Port Blair Jetty to Hotel.
- Drop at the airport on the last day.
- All taxes
- Flight charges from base location to Port Blair.
- Meals other than breakfast in Port Blair and all meals including breakfast.
- All activities as mentioned in the link including scuba diving.
- Bike rental if opted during your stay at Havelock or Port Blair.
- Car rental if opted for, during your stay at Havelock or Port Blair other than which is mentioned inclusions.
- Bank charges ( 2.9% for Credit card/ Net banking and 1 % for Debit card)
- Any expenses of personal nature (unless specified in inclusions)
Terms & Conditions
- Terms & Conditions as applicable from the individual service provider for experiential tours and activities and SelfRoadiez. Please read the terms and conditions to clear any doubts on the usage of our services.
- Experiential Tours/Activities availability is on a first come first serve basis. Please confirm before booking.
- If you cancel 30 days prior to arrival - full refund of deposit amount (minus any fees levied by Paypal or the banks, if applicable)
- If you cancel within 15-30 days prior to arrival - 50% refund of deposit amount (minus any fees levied by Paypal or the banks, if applicable)
- If you cancel within 15 days of your arrival – no refund. Rescheduling dates is possible subject to availability. There may be a re-scheduling charge – please check with us.
LocationAndaman and Nicobar Islands
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type