Explore the wonderful underwater world with Scuba Diving at Netrani Island and take home spectacular holiday memories.
From one day to five days depending on the scuba dive program chosen.
Best Season To Travel
The dive season in the region starts in October and goes up to May. December and January are considered the best times for a dive in these waters. The visibility can range between 15 to 20 m over the season.
A luxury beachside hotel at Murudeshwar, with comfortable rooms that are ventilated by the gliding sea breeze, awaits you when you opt for an overnight trip for Scuba diving at Netrani Island. A multi-cuisine restaurant with stunning views of the Arabian Sea and café are also available. After the day’s diving, watch the sun bid adieu at Sunset Point, or simply enjoy a quiet sunset from the balcony of your room overlooking the sea.
Highlight of the Tour
The Nursery gets its name from the abundant presence of juveniles from various fish species such as Amber, Rainbow, and Bullet-head Parrotfish. Being in a sheltered spot with mild currents, this is ideal for beginner divers. It also provides plenty of opportunities for macro photography and the depth ranges from 6 m to 20 m.
With a depth of 4 m to 30 m, Pebble Beach is a storehouse of coral mushrooms. The current changes can be strong and experienced divers can go up to 27 m where a wooden fishing trawler is now home to some groupers.
The place to find all types of pelagic fish, Grand Central is a gradual slope going down to around 20 m. Surgeon Fish, Parrot Fish, Red Snappers, Bat Fish, Barracudas, and Rabbit Fish are some of the species you will spot. The entrance to the cavern located on one side is around 3-4 m wide and there are plenty of urchins to be found on the walls. Recommended for advanced divers.
A rocky ridge, about 200 m from Netrani Island, Bomb Rock is known thus because it is said to have been used by the Navy for target practice and reduced to its current height. Napoleon Wrasses and Parrot Fish can be seen at this site with depths from 10 m to 40 m.
A shallow dive with not more than 8 m depth, Dini’s Delight is perfect for beginners and photography enthusiasts. Lobsters, moray eels, and several species of Angel Fish and Surgeon Fish can be found here alongside huge coral heads.
It is not mandatory to know swimming for this Scuba Diving at Netrani Island program and anyone over the age of 10 can participate so long as they do not have a fear of being in the water. There is no specific weight requirement so long as participants are medically fit. Before you sign up, you will have to download, print, and fill out a medical statement. This is simply to check that you have no medical conditions that would make it unsafe for you to go scuba diving.
Advanced courses require you to be a certified diver. Talk to us if you wish to enquire about the advanced course programs.
Note: You cannot travel by air up to 12 hours after the dive. However, there are no restrictions on road travel.
Available packages for Scuba Diving At Netrani Island In Karnataka
We are sorry, there are no rooms available at this accommodation at the moment
1.Introductory Scuba Dive – 1 DayHave fun on your first dive with this one day program. Your dive will be closely monitored by an experienced scuba instructor. Start off with a short training session in the swimming pool just so you are comfortable with being underwater with the dive equipment. This trip will begin early morning and culminate by evening in Goa.
2. Introductory Dive Experience – 1 dayPerfect for beginners, the day begins with a briefing about the principles of diving and equipment before you hop on a boat and head for the island. At the dive site, you will learn some basic skills and familiarize yourself with the dive gear in the shallow water. This will be followed by the dive. The dive instructor will be with you at all times during the dive, holding on to your tank so you are always under close, direct supervision of a dive professional. You are never alone underwater.
3. Dive Package From Goa – 3 DaysDay 1 - Madgaon to Murudeshwar Start off by train from Madgaon around 2.00 pm and reach Murudeshwar around 6:30 pm. You can have dinner at a place of your choice and then spend the night at the hotel where accommodations will be arranged in a non-A/C room on twin sharing basis. Day 2 – Murudeshwar/Netrani Spend the day in the water and go for dive 1 and 2 from early morning to early afternoon. Take a leisurely trip to the temple or Sunset Point in the evening before retiring for the night. Day 3 – Netrani/Murudeshwar/Goa Start off on dive 3 and 4 early and wind up by afternoon. Return to the hotel for a quick shower and lunch before departing for Goa. Reach Goa by night.
4. Open Water Course – 5 daysDay 1 - Goa Theory modules 1,2, and 3 and pool sessions 1 and 2 will be conducted in Goa. Day 2 - Goa The theory modules 4 and 5 as well as the pool sessions 3 and 4 will be held in Goa. Day 3 - Goa to Murudeshwar Start off for Murudeshwar around 2.00 pm and reach by 8.00 pm. You can have dinner at a place of your choice and then spend the night at the hotel where accommodations will be arranged in a non-A/C room on twin sharing basis. Day 4 – Murudeshwar/Netrani Spend the day in the water and go for dive 1 and 2 at Netrani. Take a leisurely trip to the temple or Sunset Point in the evening and stay the night at your comfortable hotel. Day 5 – Netrani/Murudeshwar/Goa Start off on dives 3 and 4 early mornings and wind up by early afternoon. Return to the hotel for a quick shower and lunch before departing for Goa. Reach Goa by night.
5. Advanced Open Water Course – 3 DaysDay 1 - Goa to Murudeshwar Start off from Verna Station around 2.00 pm and reach by Murudeshwar by 8.00 pm. You can have dinner at a place of your choice and then spend the night at the hotel where accommodations will be arranged in a non-A/C room on twin sharing basis. Day 2 - Murudeshwar/Netrani Spend the day in the water and go for dive 1, 2, and 3 at Netrani early morning. Wind up by late afternoon and take a leisurely trip to the temple or Sunset Point in the evening. Stay the night at your comfortable hotel. Day 3– Netrani/Murudeshwar/Goa Leave for dives 4 and 5 early mornings and wind up by early afternoon. Return to the hotel for a quick shower and lunch before departing for Goa. Reach Goa by night.
Scuba Diving – Our ApproachIf clearer waters are what you seek, then Netrani Island in Karnataka is the place to head for. Considered the best dive site on the West Coast of the country, there is an abundance of varied marine life in the waters around Netrani Island. Our dive experiences are customized to client requirements - small groups of no more than 5 people, flexible schedules, and personalized attention are some of our features.
- Equipment rental, refreshments on the dive boat, pool and boat charges, travel from and to Goa and (non- AC) accommodation on a twin share basis at Murudeshwar.
- Underwater photos from your dive ( Please bring a USB stick or memory card to copy your photos ).
- A/C rooms are charged extra.
- Underwater videos of your dive will cost extra.
- A second dive on the same day (depending on instructor availability ), would cost extra.
- Charges for non-diving friends or family to come on the boat ( if there is space ) will be extra.
Terms & Conditions
- All trips to Netrani require a minimum of 2 divers.
- Due to recently imposed security restrictions, official permits need to be arranged for diving at Netrani island. Those who are booked for the trip will need to carry their passports with them.
- Indian citizens will need to provide details of any government photo identity card such as driving license, which they will need to carry along with them.
- Prices are subject to change in peak season due to the increase in hotel rates (mid-December to mid-January).
- In case of events beyond our control preventing dives once we are at Netrani, we can reschedule to another date or give a refund minus transport and hotel expenses.
- No refund for cancellation made within 24 hours of the activity.
- 50% refund for cancellations made prior to 24 hours.
LocationScuba Diving At Netrani Island In Karnataka
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type