Scuba Diving at Goa for an active family holiday fun. Explore the aquatic world or hone your dive skills at these popular dive sites.
Depending on the program of your choice, the duration can be anywhere from half a day to four days.
Best Season To Travel
The scuba dive seasons starts in October and goes up to May. The water temperatures can range from 27 to 30 degrees and dives are in the 10 to 15 m range. The visibility varies between 5 to 10m over the season.
Highlight of the Tour
A great way to holiday for the entire family, scuba diving will help create eco awareness even among youngsters. If you’ve never been scuba diving, there’s nothing like the present to start off! With a beginner’s program which even non-swimmers can opt for, there’s nothing stopping you from exploring the wonders of the underwater realm.
- Experienced divers can opt to explore specific dive sites such as the wreck of the S.S. Rita, Navy Bay rocks, St. George’s Reef, Davey Jones’ Locker, Grande Island, Sail Rock, or Lobster Rocks.
- Situated on the southwest side of Grande Island, Sail Rock is home to plenty of fish species including snapper, barracuda, and groupers. Comprising of a rocky pinnacle with depth ranging from around 16 meters/52 feet to 24 meters/78 feet, the site is a visual delight.
- The S.S. Rita is believed to have gone under near Grande Island sometime in the 1950s. The bow section of the vessel can be found near the southwest part of Grande Island. Big groupers have made the hold of the ship their home while scorpion fish can be seen on the deck and the railings. Depth ranges from 10 to 13 m and this is considered an easy dive.
- The stern of the S.S. Rita had broken off and is now resting about 600 m away. This dive site is known as Davy Jones Locker. Depth is from 5-15 m and is recommended mostly for advanced divers owing to the currents and low visibility.
- Also known as Umma Gumma Reef, St George’s Reef has rocky channels that are characteristic of the dive site at a depth of 10-14 m. The remains of a wooden Portuguese ship carrying wooden tiles are found here and the cargo stays scattered at the bottom.
- Characterized by a rocky reef encrusted with soft coral, Navy Bay Rocks are great for some lobster-spotting!
It is not mandatory to know swimming for this program and anyone over the age of 10 can participate so long as they do not have a fear of being in the water. There is no specific weight requirement so long as participants are medically fit. Before you sign up, you will have to download, print, and fill out a medical statement. This is simply to check that you have no medical conditions that would make it unsafe for you to go scuba diving.
Advanced courses require you to be a certified diver.
Note: You cannot travel by air up to 12 hours after the dive. However, there are no restrictions on road travel.
Available packages for Scuba Diving At Goa - An Active Family Holiday Fun
We are sorry, there are no rooms available at this accommodation at the moment
1.PADI Discover Scuba Experience – Half DayTargeted at swimmers and non-swimmers on their debut scuba diving adventure first, comes an hour long session which includes a briefing followed by a pool dive. This is intended for imparting basic skills such as getting comfortable underwater and learning to use dive gear. This will be followed by a dive in the sea under the close, direct supervision of an experienced instructor.
2.Fun Dives - 7.30 am to 3.30 pmIf you are a certified diver and looking for an exploration of new dive sites, then this is just perfect for you. You will be taken to the dive sites around Grande Island in this program.
3.PADI Scuba Diver - 2 DaysTake the first step towards your dream of becoming an experienced diver through this convenient program. It comprises of a classroom session covering 3 modules of the Open Water Course, 3 pool sessions, and 2 open water dives. Perfect for eager divers on a short holiday.
4.Program 3 - PADI Open Water Course - 4 daysA solid course for beginner divers, getting this internationally recognized certification enables you to dive independently anywhere in the world. It consists of 4 classroom sessions, 2 pool sessions, and 4 open water dives. Course fee includes an original PADI manual and dive table, a log book, full scuba equipment, pool and boat charges and the PADI certification card.</li></br>
5.PADI Advanced Open Water Course - 2 daysSuitable for experienced divers who want to further their ambition, this course consists of 5 open water dives including the Core Dives (deep and navigation dives) as well as 3 elective dives. Only individuals with PADI Open Water Diver Certification or Basic CMAS / NAUI / IANTD / BSAC certification can sign up for this course.
6.PADI Rescue Diver Course - 3 daysAgain, ideal for veteran divers, this course consists of 8 hours of classroom training and 12 modules of in-water training. Only those with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification can sign up for this.
Scuba Diving – Our ApproachGoa is one of the top destinations when it comes to scuba diving in India given its warm, safe waters. The many easy dive sites in the Arabian Ocean make Goa an ideal destination for beginners to learn scuba diving. Seasoned recreational divers, meanwhile, can thrive in the challenge and mystery of less than perfect visibility. The water temperatures off the coast of Goa are in the 27 to 30-degree range. The marine life here is rich in variety. There are sites with corals, rocky pinnacles, and shipwrecks to explore. Irrespective of your choice of dive sites, we believe in offering dive experiences that are customized to client requirements - small groups of no more than 5 people, flexible schedules, and personalized attention.
- The training session, all equipment and boat charges and 1 dive in the sea, snacks, and water on the boat, underwater photos, short video clip.
Certified Divers’ Program:
- Equipment rental, boat hire, light snacks/ fruit/ water on the boat, underwater photos.
- Breakfast/ lunch.
- Transfer from hotel to the dive center.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices are subject to change without notice. Kindly confirm the same before joining the course.
- Full payment of course fees is to be made at the time of registration (in cash).
- In the event that training has to be aborted due to reasons beyond our control and/or in the interest of safety of the divers/crew, our liability will be limited to completing the dives at other convenient dates or giving referrals for the remaining portion of the course which may be conducted by qualified PADI instructors elsewhere.
- No refund for cancellation made within 24 hours of the activity.
- 50% refund for cancellations made prior to 24 hours.
LocationScuba Diving At Goa – An Active Family Holiday Fun
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type