Max:Price starts:₹ 19000
About Standard Room
The rooms have retained the period touch as they still have the red oxide floors and beds with mesh posts
Facilities at Standard RoomAir Conditioned Room, Hot and Cold Running Water, TV with Satellite Channels
Max:Price starts:₹ 21000
these are spacious rooms with period furniture and red oxide floors. The suites have a separate living and working area and attached balconies
Facilities at SuitesAir Conditioned Room, Hot and Cold Running Water, Private Balcony/Verandah, TV with Satellite Channels
Live the glorious legacy of an ancient dynasty at Visalam CGH Heritage Hotel at Chettinad in Tamil Nadu
A remote place in Tamil Nadu, Visalam CGH Heritage Hotel at Chettinad is perhaps not the first option that comes to your mind when you think of a getaway or a weeklong holiday. Well, what if you can have your dream holiday in such a place, at a resort that radiates undeniable old-world grandeur? Elegance and grandeur are synonymous with Chettinad, located in the heart of Tamil Nadu in South India. The culturally and historically rich region is known worldwide for its unique, flavorful cuisine and opulent architecture. Visalam CGH Heritage Hotel at Chettinad is an amalgamation of the region’s vintage charm and luxurious eco-tourism, which reflects in its well-preserved traditional architecture and the well-appointed accommodation.
This CGH Heritage Hotel at Chettinad brings forgotten mansions to life by the way it has restored the historic property. It has 15 heritage rooms, each of which boasts of spacious living spaces. The simple décor of the rooms includes post-war Art Deco grillwork, pearly plastering unique to the region, ’50s-style mesh posts on beds, and a simplicity that’s both warm and inviting at the same time. The bathrooms are no exception when it comes to reflecting the grandeur of the Chettinad heritage. Not only are they large, but they also retain period touches, such as the mansion’s original floor tiles. Come night, and the rooms take on a lustrous glow that can lull you to deep slumber even if you don’t switch the lights off.
Any trip to Chettinad is incomplete without surrendering your taste buds to the flavors of the popular Chettinad cuisine. Even if the earthiness, the pungency, the nuttiness, or the hidden sweetness of the many spices confuses your senses, there’s no mistaking the distinctive flavors on your plate. Your soul will love every mouthful of the dishes served at the open-air Grill Restaurant. The resort also has a poolside café where you can munch on local snacks while enjoying a hot cuppa with traditional music playing live in the background. Don’t forget to try the famous Chettinad thali, which is nothing less than a blissful culinary extravaganza.
Whether you are looking to spend some time alone, away from the monotony of city life or share some memorable moments with your family or friends, the serene ambiance and the plethora of activities at Visalam CGH Heritage Hotel at Chettinad will give you all that and more.
- Meals according to the plan chosen
- Bicycle ride
- Interactive kitchen
- Kolam making
- Weekly market visit
- All applicable taxes
- Bullock cart ride
- Visiting the Chettinad town
- Extra occupancy charges per extra adult and extra child
- Activities and services that are not marked as complimentary
Terms & Conditions
- Per room, only one extra person 5 years and older is allowed.
- 2 p.m. is the check-in time and 11 a.m. is the check-out time.
- A 50% discount can be availed for bonafide tour leaders if you are part of a group comprising less than 15, but more than 9, full-paying pax.
- Groups of 15 people or more (full paying pax) will not be charged for the tour leader.
- Individual travelers making a cancellation of booking between 15 to 7 days before the date of arrival will be charged 50% of the booking amount.
- If they cancel the booking less than 7 days before the arrival date, 100 % cancellation fee will be charged.
- For group tours, reducing the number of booked rooms between 30 to 15 days before the date of arrival will incur 50% cancellation charges.
- 100% cancellation fee is applicable for changes in the number of rooms made 15 days before the date of arrival.
- Air Conditioned Room
- Car Parking
- Dining Room
- Electric Kettle
- Hot and Cold Running Water
- Swimming Pool
- Tea/Coffee Maker