Drive through the Karnataka coast for a beautiful and relaxing holiday stretch – Experience the “Kashi of South India” in Gokarna and laze around the white sand beach at Karwar. This tour originates and ends at Mangalore.
Mangalore – Gokarna – Karwar – Mangalore.
Please check the Itinerary for a detailed description of the drive route.
Ideal season for Karnataka Coastal Drive Tour
Throughout the year, each season brings out its own charm. Summers are a bit warm, monsoon gets the environment all lush & green though the water-related activities are not operational during the rainy season. Rainy season is the time to just relax and enjoy the beautiful view away from the humdrum of busy city life. Winters require warm clothing to be carried along.
This Drive Route Holiday can be created with variations on “Number of Days” (5N/6N/7N). We will pack in more punch with more number of (holi)days. Send an inquiry and our Travel experts will customize your Drive Holiday itinerary.
Car Rental options
You can choose your own car for the drive or pick up from our latest zippy models. We have multiple car pick-up points in most of the cities and airport drop or at the door drop option in certain cities at nominal charges. Call us to check on this info.
Car Rental includes:
A car of your choice (as per availability) and with unlimited KM of usage during the rental period. Please read the terms & conditions or car rental carefully.
To book this Circular Drive Holiday send an inquiry now
Available packages for Jungle Lodges - Drive Holiday Along The Karnataka Coast
We are sorry, there are no rooms available at this accommodation at the moment
Day 1 - Mangalore to Om Beach Resort at Gokarna
Self-Drive from Mangalore to Gokarna. The drive from Mangalore to Om Beach Resort should not take more than 5 hours to cover the 231 km coastal stretch. The drive via NH17 will take you through Kundapur and Murudeshwar beaches. The beautiful beach drive through the coastal belt is something which will stay etched in your memory forever.
Om Beach Resort is close to most of the attractions such as Om Beach, Half Moon Beach, Paradise Beach, Mirjan Fort and to Gokarna town. It is among the very few beach property of Jungle Lodges and is highly rated due to modern amenities and a good location point.
You can choose to relax at the beach or take a tour of the surrounding area of Gokarna. We can help you plan rest of your day.
Day 2 - At Gokarna
Gokarna is called the "Kashi of South India" because of the many temples and the pilgrims visiting these temples. Gokarna is uncrowded and pristine, especially during off-seasons. Gokarna is a unique destination with a landscape that spans across the hills, beaches and forest cover.
The Mahabaleshwara Temple & the Maha Ganapathi Temple are among the popular temples at Gokarna. Temple sightseeing and Nature Trails can be arranged upon request. This place carries a unique due blend of ancient & modern attractions.
Day 3 - Gokarna to Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar
Start your journey to Devbagh after breakfast. Sun, Sand, Surf, Sea and open spaces define Devbagh. You will get to enjoy the beach all to yourself and your family here. Devbagh kindles tranquil exploration of Nature within yourself. Enjoy building a sand castle, hunt through the coast for seashells or just admire the waves - relax through the holiday at Devbagh.
Day 4 - At Devbagh Beach Resort
The shiny white sand of Devbagh and the blue sea view merge to create a unique tranquility in the air. The JLR Devbagh Beach Resort offers water sports activities such as snorkeling, speedboat cruises, banana boat rides and parasailing during the season. If you cruise up in River Kali to the point where the river meets the sea, you would be treated with the sight of frolicking dolphins. Not to be missed, this is a joyful ride for the kids. Sightseeing experiences around Devbagh Beach Resort can be planned for the day upon request.
Enjoy the seafood spread at the restaurant of this resort, the restaurant offers a good variety of veg & non-veg spread to the visitors.
Day 5 - Karwar to Mangalore
Head back to Mangalore after breakfast. The road journey should take approx 5 and half hours to cover the distance of 275 km from Devbagh Beach Resort to Mangalore City junction.
- Accommodation (Stay) during the course of the drive holiday.
- Breakfast provided at accommodation properties
- Lunch and Dinner on certain days/ certain properties and this shall be specifically mentioned in the individual itinerary shared via email by us.
- Activities which are specifically mentioned as inclusions in the package.
- Car rental charges as per the model chosen and days. Not applicable for those who are opting to use their own car.
- Fuel and Toll charges.
- Activity charges and other entry charges unless specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Lunch and Dinner on certain days / certain properties unless mentioned as inclusions in individual itinerary.
- Extra bed charges or accompanying children charges.
- Any other expenses which are personal in nature.
- Food or beverages consumed other than which is part of the package.
Terms & Conditions
- Inclusions and exclusions may change on customization of the drive holiday package. Please check with us if you are particular about any point of inclusion/exclusion and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Terms & Conditions as applicable on individual service provider for accommodation & car rental. Please read the terms and conditions to clear any doubts on the usage of our services.
- Tour Accommodation mentioned is available based on availability on a first come first serve basis. Please confirm before booking.
- Cancellation policy of individual service providers such as accommodation providers or car rental companies whose services are included in the itinerary shall be applicable for drive holiday cancellations and refund.
- For more details please visit the terms and conditions page & read the fine print under heading cancellations and refunds.
Stay DetailsOm Beach Resort / Or Similar Type
Stay DetailsDevbagh Beach Resort / Or Similar Type