The Kashmir Experience is taking in the cool summer air, alpine scenery and staying in a romantic houseboat. Come to India’s Switzerland
Alpine peaks, rivers tumbling down picturesque, deep-cut mountain valleys covered with giant conifers, the surrounding mountains which contain many beauty spots and more than 20 lakes, the crisp mountain air, the mesmerisingly placid Dal Lake, all make the Kashmir Experience unforgettable. Come, enjoy this slice of ‘Jannat’ (heaven) on earth.
The Kashmir Experience covers Gulmarg, Srinagar, and Pahalgam all beautiful in their own ways.
Discover more of the Kashmir Experience with our 7 Nights/8 Days Package
This package covers Srinagar (5 N ), Gulmarg (1 N) and Pahalgam(1 N)
Ideal Season For The Tour
Kashmir is an year-round tourist destination but theis from March to October.
During this period the weather conditions in Kashmir are just perfect. Blossomed gardens, chirping birds, alpine meadows and the refreshing air is what would welcome you in this land.
This whole period covers three seasons in Kashmir i.e. spring (March-early May), summers (early May-late August) and autumn (September-November).
Pahalgam is popular from April to November for activities like rafting and horse riding.
Gulmarg -December to mid-March are recommended if skiing is what you are looking forward to.
- Competitive pricing
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for The Kashmir Experience
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1 and 2: Arrival In Srinagar and Sightseeing
Arrive in Srinagar from. The flight itself is a pleasant experience with a beautiful aerial view of the valley with its snow-capped mountains.
Upon arrival at Srinagar airport, our representative (driver) shall pick you up and transfer to the houseboat on Dal Lake or Nigeen Lake. Evening sunset shikara tour of the lakes and waterways.
Next day, after breakfast, proceed for a city tour that includes a visit to the famous Mughal gardens of Nishat, Chasme Shahi Garden, Shalimar Bagh (Abode of love), Pari Mahal, Dal lake and Hazratbal mosque. Later drive back to the hotel.
Overnight stay (2N) on the houseboat in Srinagar.
Day 3: Srinagar to Gulmarg and Sightseeing
Gulmarg is a pristine town in the state of Jammu and Kashmir known for its snow-
After breakfast at the hotel, check out from the hotel and proceed towards Gulmarg (Distance/Time taken-56 km/ 2-3 hrs drive)
Called the meadow of flowers, Gulmarg offers a spectacular view of towering snow-capped peaks covered with dense forests of tall conifers and gigantic fir and pine trees.
You shall be traveling through the beautiful Tangmarg town on the scenic drive to Gulmarg.
Arrive in Gulmarg by afternoon and check into the hotel.
Later proceed for the Gondola Cable Car Ride. Return back to Gulmarg after an hour.
You shall do horse-riding at Gulmarg after the Goldola ride (Optional activity).
Stay overnight at the hotel in Gulmarg.
Day 4: Gulmarg to Pahalgam and Sightseeing
Pahalgam is a hill station in the north Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Mountain trails run northeast to Amarnath Cave Temple, a Hindu shrine and site of the annual Amarnath Yatra pilgrimage
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and proceed to Pahalgam (Distance/Time taken-152 km / 4-5 hrs drive)via Pampore, Avantipura and the village of Bijbehara.
Pahalgam known as the 'Valley of Shepherds' is situated at the confluence of the streams flowing from river Lidder and Sheeshnag lake.
Bijbehara town is also known as 'Chinar Town' because of two Chinar gardens (Paadshaahi Bagh and Darashukoh Garden).
We proceed from the national highway at Khanabal and drive through the second largest city of Anantnag. The road turns scenic as we drive parallel on the Lidder river flowing in the opposite direction.
Upon arrival at Pahalgam, check-into the hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight stay at the hotel in Pahalgam.
Day 5: Pahalgam Sightseeing and drive to Srinagar
After breakfast at the hotel, visit Betaab Valley and Chandanwari.
You could also take a horse riding trip to Baisaran meadows (optional).
After sightseeing at the mountain valley, you shall return back to Srinagar by evening. (Distance/Time taken- 97 km/ 3-4 hrs drive)
Overnight stay at the hotel in Srinagar.
Day 6: Sonamarg Day Trip
After breakfast at the hotel, you shall proceed for an excursion to the picturesque 'Meadow of Gold’ Sonamarg.
Distance/Time taken: (80 km / 3 to 4 hours)
Enroute to Sonamarg, you shall find lots of scenic places & mustard fields along the river and mountains, where you can take a break.
Upon arrival at Sonamarg, take a 3 hour walk or horseback trip to the Thajwass glacier.
After returning, visit the small town market.
Drive back to Srinagar in the evening and transfer to the hotel for overnight stay.
Overnight stay at the hotel in Srinagar.
Day 7: Srinagar- Day at leisure
After breakfast at the hotel, you shall spend the day at leisure.
A vehicle will be available for sightseeing within the city.
Suggestions for the day as follows:
- Hazratbal Shrine (near Dal Lake)
- Visit the Shankaracharya Temple (this hilltop temple is reached by climbing 250 steps)
- Masjid Dastgeer Sahib – witness the Papier mache artwork of Srinagar
- Chashma Shahi – The royal spring
- Pari Mahal – Palace of the fairies
- Shah-i-Hamdan mosque
Later in the evening, we recommend some shopping in the handicraft market. End the day with a Kashmiri wazwan feast at one of the finest wazwan restaurants in Kashmir.
Overnight stay at the hotel in Srinagar.
Day 8: Srinagar Departure
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and transfer to the airport based on the flight timing.
- Stay for 2 nights at houseboat in Dal Lake or Nigeen Lake, Srinagar
- Stay for 1 night at Gulmarg in a 4* hotel
- Stay for 1 night at Pahalgam in a 4* hotel
- Stay for 3 nights at Srinagar in B & B resort.
- Breakfast throughout your stay and dinner if MAP plan is opted
- Private transfer from airport to hotel and back in Srinagar
- Extra bed charges and food for a child of 6 years
- Private vehicle for sightseeing (Innova or equivalent) with driver/guide.
- Toll, parking, and driver charges for the vehicle
Note: We recommend Innova or equivalent as a means of transport, as in November climate conditions might be harsh on your trip outside Srinagar and hence a bigger vehicle to navigate with comfort. Generally, the mountains/higher altitude receives snow in November. But the plains and city remain dry through the temperatures might hover around 10 degree Celsius. Srinagar city tours can be done in a vehicle of any type.
- GST @ 5% on the package pricing
- Domestic flights from Srinagar and back.
- Entry fees to monuments, attractions, and rides.
- Meals other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages with meals.
- Expenses of personal nature (tips, porterage etc.)
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability of the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client.
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
LocationThe Kashmir Experience
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type