Home of the mighty Kailash, the mountain revered by both the Tibetans and the Hindus, Tibet has a landscape dotted with prayer flags and magnificent monasteries.
Tibet has earned the moniker, ‘The Roof Of The World’ because of its spectacular geographical beauty in the form of the world’s highest mountains, towering peaks, and lofty plateaus. The rich culture, friendly people, and the untouched scenery makes Tibet every traveler’s dream destination
Discover more of Tibet with our 4 Nights/5 Days Package
This package covers major attractions in Lhasa (4N). This tour can be customized to include Tibetan Village Stay or to cover major sightseeing locations outside Lhasa.
Ideal season for the tour
From May to October is the best time to travel in Tibet, when the weather is not very cold, averaging above 10°C. This is naturally the busiest travel time in Tibet when people come for the warmer weather and higher oxygen content.
July and August is the rainy season in Tibet, though, apart from in the southeast, there is still not a lot of rain.
The best months for camping are May and September when it hardly rains at all.
If you plan to travel to Mt. Everest, travel in April, May, September, or October, when you are more likely to see the peak clearly. It is more likely to be hidden behind thick clouds the rest of the year.
Travelers who are interested in Tibetan festivals are recommended to visit Tibet in August when the Shoton Festival, Nagqu Horse Racing Festival, and Ganden Thangka Festival are held. But expect to see huge crowds during the festivals.
Late September to October is the best time to see autumnal colors in Tibet.
- Competitive pricing
- Hosts approved by the local tourism board
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Mystical Tibet
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa
Lhasa, which means "Land of the Gods" is over 1,300 years old and sits in a valley right next to the Lhasa River
- Arrival in Lhasa.
- Enjoy the views of Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Brahmaputra river and Lhasa river on the way to the hotel.
- It is recommended to take a rest and get acclimatized to the high altitude for rest of the day.
- Overnight stay in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa sightseeing
- After breakfast, meet the tour guide at the hotel lobby for a full day Lhasa tour.
- Visit the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It is in use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
- After lunch, visit the Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve.
- Outside, see pilgrims offering their prostrations in front of the Jokhang Temple.
- Perform the kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals around the temple in Barkhor street, and explore the old market.
- In the evening, sample some Tibetan tea with the locals in a tea house.
- End the day with a welcome dinner and retire to the hotel.
- Overnight stay in Lhasa.
- After finishing sightseeing, if time permits, you may go with the tour guide to visit the Tibetan handicraft art or Tibetan Traditional Medicine center
- Tibetan Culture Show “Princess Wencheng” in the evening can be arranged (Chargeable).
Day 3: Lhasa sightseeing
- After breakfast, meet the tour guide at the hotel lobby for full day Lhasa tour.
- Visit the Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of Tsongkhapa’s main disciples.
- You can visit the biggest monastery kitchen inside the monastery and enjoy a Buddhist Sculpture Carving workshop near Drepung.
- In the afternoon, visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
- In addition, you can tour the Tibetan religious scripture printing house; inside the monastery, and see the three sand Mandalas and colorful Rock Painting of Buddha.
- Overnight stay in Lhasa.
Day 4: Day of Leisure at Lhasa
Free day in Lhasa. The tour guide will be available for any local sightseeing without transfers.
Day 5: Departure from Lhasa
- You shall have a half day at leisure at Lhasa.
- Afternoon pick up from the hotel and drop to the airport to catch onward flight home.
- Tibet Entry Permit and all other necessary permits
- Accommodation for 4 nights in a 5* hotel with daily buffet breakfast included
- Entrance fees of all tourist sites listed in the itinerary
- Local tours and transfers in 5-29 seater comfortable Tourist Vehicle as per Group Size
- Local Tibetan English-speaking guide
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Arrangements include planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Welcome Dinner in a local restaurant when group members meet in Lhasa
- Free Airport shuttle transfer between Lhasa Gonggar airport and the Hotel at the designated time
- Complementary handy Tibet map
- Drinking water provided during the trip
- GST @ 5% on the package pricing
- International return airfare Lhasa (via City of Origin -> Kolkata ->Kunming) and back
- China visa processing charges
- Meals other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages with meals.
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Tips to tour guide and driver suggested to tip them 7 USD/day in total.
- Lunches and dinners are not included. This can be paid directly at the restaurant.
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability on the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type