Mongolia, the land of Ghengis Khan is a vast emptiness that links land and sky, a true wilderness experience that makes it so appealing
Mongolia is a landlocked country located between China and Russia. Known for its vast rugged landscapes, the nomadic way of life is still prevalent here. Vast steppes, rugged mountains, clear lakes and abundant livestock add to the uniqueness of this country. The famous Nomadic culture and hospitality make one feel very welcome in this ‘Land Of Blue Skies’
One of the world’s last undiscovered travel destinations, Mongolia is a land where you can experience wide-open spaces, cobalt blue skies, forests, deserts, crystal clear rivers and lakes, and the traditional hospitality of the nomads
Discover more of Mongolia with our 6 Nights/7 Days Package
This package covers Ulaanbaatar (2N), Elsen Tasarkhai (1N), Karakorum (1N), Hustai (1N), and Gun Galuut (1N)
Ideal season for the tour
The best time to visit is in summer (June to August). Tourism peaks in July and August. If you want to go when Mongolia is quieter, consider visiting in May, September or October.
- Competitive pricing
- Hosts approved by the local tourism board
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Glimpses Of Mongolia
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Ulaanbaatar Arrival
Ulaanbaatar the capital of Mongolia is an amusing juxtaposition of nomadic traditions and modern society, perhaps best summarized by her skyline dotted with both 'gers' (felt tents) and towering skyscrapers.
- Arrive in Ulaanbaatar, meet and greet at the airport followed by transfer to the hotel.
- Rest of the day at leisure to explore Ulaanbaatar.
- Overnight at the hotel in Ulaanbaatar.
Day 2: Ulaanbaatar –> Elsen Tasarkhai Sand Dunes
- After breakfast at the hotel, depart west towards Karakorum, the ancient capital city of Mongolia.
- Meet your host - a nomadic family living near the Mongol Els Sand Dunes.
- Learn more about the nomadic lifestyle and people of Mongolia by learning to cook a Mongolian dish with the family and getting involved in their daily chores such as dairy producing, tending livestock and much more.
- Enjoy a 1-hour camel ride along the sand dunes.
- Overnight stay in the family's 'Ger' or 'Yurt' (a portable, round tent covered with skins or felt).
Day 3: Elsen Tasarkhai Sand Dunes –> Karakorum
Karakorum was the ancient capital of the Mongol empire. Its ruins lie on the upper Orhon River in north-central Mongolia.
- After breakfast, drive to Karakorum.
- Visit the legendary monastery of Erdene Zuu, the first Buddhist monastery in Central Mongolia founded in 1586, Museum of Karakorum and its surroundings, the Turtle Rock and the Phallic Stone etc.
- Optional visit to the local bazaar in the town.
- Overnight at the Ger Camp.
Day 4: Karakorum –>Hustai National Park
Hustai National Park is the place where the wild Takhi- Przewalski horses have lived peacefully since 1993 after they were reintroduced to their native land, Mongolia. See and photograph these beautiful wild horses as well as Red Deer, Wolf, Asian Marmot, various species of waterfowl, prey birds etc.
- After breakfast, drive through the rolling steppes to Hustai National Park, one of the most popular national parks of Mongolia.
- Arrive in Hustai.
- View the wonderful Takhi wild horses and other wildlife and visit the Ongot Stone Monument Complex.
- Overnight at the Ger Camp.
Day 5: Hustai –>Gun Galuut Nature Reserve via the Giant Genghis Monument Complex
Gun Galuut is a home to many different endangered species such as Argali- Bighorn, White-Naped Crane, Siberian White Crane, Hooded Crane and many more.
- After breakfast, drive to Gun Galuut.
- On the way stop at the Giant Genghis Monument Complex located on the bank of river Tuul.
- Marvel at the statue of Genghis Khaan who holds a golden whip in his right hand and is 46m tall surrounded by columns.
- Relax at the recreation area, and eat and shop at the restaurants and souvenir shops located in the column surrounding the base of the Statue.
- Ascend to the exhibition hall using the elevator which is at the back of the horse.
- Arrive at Gun Galuut, and transfer to the tourist camp.
- Enjoy horse riding for an hour along the river Kherlen.
- Optional - Archery, Fishing or Kayaking.
Day 6: Gun Galuut–>Ulaanbaatar
- In the morning after breakfast head back to Ulaanbaatar.
- Check-in to the hotel on arrival.
- City tour of Ulaanbaatar.
- Visit the Gandan Monastery, housing a 26-meter high gilded statue of the Buddha, the Genghis Khan monument on the Sukhbaatar square and the Museum of National History, which has a number of fascinating displays of traditional Mongolian clothing and weaponry, as well as exhibits charting the course of Genghis Khan's empire-building.
- Enjoy the evening with a traditional folk performance featuring 'Khoomei' – a type of throat singing which gives the impression of wind swirling among rocks
- Overnight at the hotel in Ulaanbaatar.
Day 7: Departure from UlaanbaatarAfter breakfast – transfer to the airport depending on your flight schedule.
- An English speaking local guide throughout the tour
- Sightseeing and entrance fees according to the itinerary
- Ticket to the Giant Genghis Monument Complex
- Private transfers (Comfortable vehicle + Experienced driver)
- Twin/double share at good 3* hotel, twin/triple share at good tourist camps and nomadic family
- All meals from Day 2 to Day 6. Breakfast on Day 7
- 1-hour horse riding fee in Hustai or Gun Galuut
- 1-hour camel riding fee in Elsen Tasarkhai
- 3 bottled water (0.5 ml) per day
- Exclusive Mongolia tour souvenir
- International Airfare/train tickets + Tax
- Travel insurance & Visa fees
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary).
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary
- GST on the package price @5%
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability on the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
LocationGlimpses Of Mongolia
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type