Majestic mountains, breathtaking beaches, medieval castle ruins, cascading rafting rivers, and waterfalls await you at the Balkans
The word “Balkans” means ‘a chain of wooded mountains” The region takes its name from the mountains that stretch from the Serbian-Bulgarian border to the Black Sea. The region is said to comprise Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, and Slovenia,
This region includes countries on the Balkan Peninsula in the southeast of Europe, including most of the former Yugoslavia.
Discover more of the Balkans with our 7 Day/6 Night package
This package covers Sarajevo (3N), Mostar (1N), Budva (2N)
Ideal season for the tour
From the end of March till mid-June and from September till late October you should be fine traveling in the Balkans.
- Competitive pricing
- Hosts approved by the local tourism board
- Private tours with local experience and ample leisure time
- Quality checked stays and coordinated transfers
- We do the research so that you don’t have to spend hours online
Available packages for Balkans Tour – Bosnia, Croatia & Montenegro
Accommodation type with pricing from Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-.
Day 1: Sarajevo Arrival
Sarajevo where Eastern and Western cultures meet – literally!
- Arrival at the Sarajevo Airport, meet and greet at the Airport
- Departure with all possible assistance by A/C modern coach for sightseeing in Sarajevo.
- Guided tour of the Old City Hall, Old handcrafts street, Gazi Husrev bey's Mosque and mausoleums (turbe), Clock Tower, Kursumlija Madrasah, Faculty of Islamic Studies, Emperor Mosque, Eternal Flame Sacred Heart Cathedral, Latin Bridge, and the Old and the New Jewish temple.
- After the tour, free time at leisure.
- Proceed to the hotel, check-in, free time at leisure.
- Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Sarajevo -> Kravice waterfalls -> Mostar
Mostar (80 kilometers/1.5 hours), the largest city in Herzegovina is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the country.
During the drive enjoy some of the most breathtaking views in all of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Upon arrival, proceed to the tour of the city of Mostar.
- Visit the Oldest Single Arch Stone Bridge in Mostar, the Cejvan Cehaj Mosque, the Koski Mehmed pasa Mosque, and the Biscevica Alley.
- Proceed to the Stari Most (Old Bridge) -the famous bridge over the turquoise- green Neretva River.
- Get to know the city by visiting the lively cafes and peaceful galleries.
- Rest at the coffee place under the bridge to see the famous jumpers, who maintain the tradition of performing daring jumps from the 25 m high bridge.
- Drive to the city of Pocitelj, a small town near Mostar and a famous art colony.
- Drive to the city of Blagaj, situated at the spring of the Buna river. The Buna Spring is one of the largest and most beautiful in Europe and is of interest to all nature lovers.
- Visit the beautiful and very famous Dervish Tekke, the building that is the widely known and renowned and this can be combined with several other tourist attractions in Blagaj.
- Depart for Kravice to experience the beautiful waterfalls there.
- Transfer back to Mostar (40 kilometers/50 minutes).
- Overnight at the hotel in Mostar.
Day 3: Mostar -> Dubrovnik –> Budva
Dubrovnik, a Croatian city on the Adriatic Sea is one of the most prominent tourist destinations in the Mediterranean Sea.
- After breakfast at the hotel, check-out, and transfer to Dubrovnik (140 kilometers/2 hours).
- City tour which covers the Cathedral, Rector’s Palace, Franciscan Monastery (including the Old Pharmacy), Clock Tower, Orlando’s Columns, Sponze Palace, Dubrovnik City.
- Optional boat and cable car ride in Dubrovnik.
- Free time for shopping.
- Continue to Budva (100 kilometers/2 hours).
- Check-in and overnight in the hotel in Budva.
Day 4: Budva -> Kotor –> Budva
Kotor is a fortified town on Montenegro’s Adriatic coast, in a bay near the limestone cliffs of Mt. Lovćen. Characterized by winding streets and squares, its medieval old town has several Romanesque churches.
- After breakfast at the hotel, check-out and Proceed to Kotor (20 kilometers/40 minutes).
- Tour of Kotor, one of the largest bays on Adriatic which attracts many cruise ships.
- Proceed to Budva.
- Half day city tour of the Old town of Budva encircled with defensive stone walls.
- Visit the old Entrance, Poet's Square, Square of the churches -a large public square located to the north of the citadel, containing all of the churches of the old town and the beach.
- Free time for shopping.
- Overnight in Budva.
Day 5: Budva -> Trebinje -> Stolac -> Sarajevo
Trebinje is one of the most beautiful cities in Herzegovina.
Stolac known for its unique Ottoman architecture can be referred to as an open-air museum and has the Bregava river flowing through, creating waterfalls, cascades, and islands.
- After breakfast at the hotel, check-out, and departure to Sarajevo (400 kilometers/5 hours) via Trebinje.
- A short stop for sightseeing and refreshments at Trebinje.
- Proceed to the city of Stolac.
- Visit the buildings from that period - Begovina, residential complex of the Rizvanbegovic family, Turkovic tower, Tekke, Old Islamic School and the Town, Podgrad, Uznovic and Cuprija Mosques (Noon prayer in Cuprija Mosque).
- Drive to the UNESCO protected Necropolis of Radimlja.
- Radimlja is a stećak necropolis. Stecaks are a special type of medieval tombstone. They represent a most interesting phenomenon, and indeed the greatest mystery, of the medieval Bosnian state. In the Radimlja cemetery are 133 tombstones, 63 of which are decorated - most with rich ornamentation on all four sides.
- Drive back to Sarajevo.
- Overnight in Sarajevo
Day 6: Sarajevo ->Bjelašnica Olympic Mountain
- After breakfast at the hotel, visit the Vrelo Bosne and Tunnel Museum.
- Travel to the Bjelašnica Olympic Mountain (40 kilometers/1 hour) where you can indulge in winter sports and enjoy the snow.
- Travel back to the hotel after sightseeing.
- Overnight at the hotel in Sarajevo.
Day 7: Sarajevo-Last Day
- After breakfast, check-out from the hotel.
- Proceed for shopping (free time).
- Departure to Sarajevo Airport to catch the flight home.
- Accommodation at 4* hotel on all days as per itinerary
- Breakfast on all days during the tour
- Transfers and tours with modern vehicle
- English speaking guides in cities
- International or local flights;
- Visa charges
- Meals other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages with meals.
- Expenses of personal nature
Terms & Conditions
- The itinerary mentioned here is indicative and the final itinerary might vary as per the client preferences.
- The rates mentioned (if any) is been based on an estimated price for the season and bookings will be made after discussions for the customization.
- The actual rates might vary based on the availability of the exact travel date, actual flight charges and currency exchange rates on the date of booking.
- Flights and visa charges are optional and can be booked by the client directly if required so. SelfRoadiez can provide the same if requested by the client.
Cancellation charges will vary for specific destinations and seasons. For flight inclusive packages, the cancellation policy of the respective airline will take precedence. Below is the general guideline for cancellations:
- From booking date till 31 days prior to departure - 20 % of Package Cost
- 16 to 30 Days prior to departure - 40% of Package Cost
- Less than 24 hrs to 15 Days prior to departure - 100% of Package Cost.
LocationBalkans Tour – Bosnia, Croatia & Montenegro
Stay DetailsOr Similar Type