Max:Price starts:₹ 11160
About The Cedar Room
Spacious room with wooden furniture and wooden flooring with a canopied double bed. Has a balcony
Facilities at The Cedar RoomCeiling Fan, Electric Kettle, Free Wi-fi Internet Access, Hot and Cold Running Water, Private Balcony/Verandah
Max:Price starts:₹ 7130
About The Ebony Room
This is a spacious room with a fireplace and a canopied double bed
Facilities at The Ebony RoomCeiling Fan, Electric Kettle, Free Wi-fi Internet Access, Hot and Cold Running Water
Max:Price starts:₹ 7130
About The Rosewood Room
Has a red oxidized floor, wooden paneled ceiling, and a double bed
Facilities at The Rosewood RoomCeiling Fan, Electric Kettle, Free Wi-fi Internet Access, Hot and Cold Running Water
Max:Price starts:₹ 11160
About The Teakwood Room
This is a suite with a separate living cum dining room. The bedroom has a canopied double bed. This room has an attached balcony.
Facilities at The Teakwood RoomCeiling Fan, Electric Kettle, Free Wi-fi Internet Access, Hot and Cold Running Water, Private Balcony/Verandah
The Vintage Bungalow at Madikeri allows you bask in the solace and blissful environment of the Kodagu region, far from the maddening crowds and mundane chores of city life. The gorgeous plantation bungalow not only rejuvenates a traveler but also provides the perfect vintage getaway to nature lovers. With intricate interiors designed in the colonial style, great hospitality, and modern in-house facilities, this gracious plantation bungalow offers you everything you need to put your feet up and enjoy. Its heritage from 1878 is evident in its interiors, furniture, fixtures, and décor.
Imagine sitting in a bamboo chair or better yet, under the shade of a bougainvillea tree, relaxing over a glass of lemonade and feeling at ease – that’s exactly what this vintage bungalow has in offer for you. The accommodation at the Vintage Bungalow at Madikeri is categorized into four types. They are the Cedar Room, Ebony Room, Rosewood Room or the Teakwood Room. Each of these rooms is equipped with wooden furniture and furnishings that exude an old-world appeal. Gentle breeze envelopes the bungalow and its garden as does the lush landscape surrounding it. Wake up to the songs of birds and sounds of bees. The humming and buzzing of birds and bees, the shady trees, and the fragrance of orange blossom all beckon you into exploring their world so true and pure. Take a stroll by the river, enjoy the sights of nature and walk along a palm valley. This retreat is clearly every nature lover’s delight.
This Vintage Bungalow at Madikeri is environment-conscious and engages in organic farming. This bungalow is associated with a strong heritage and nature ought to be traditional in the food it provides. And it certainly is! Try the cuisine that incorporates simple, home-cooked food that is sure to tickle your taste buds. The meals are influenced by the Malabar Coast and are predominantly Coorgi in their flavors. The table is always set with fruits and vegetables sourced fresh from the local farms. Besides, these, meat, fish and poultry are also served to keep your appetite in check. To end the meal, tasty sweets and desserts including cake, pudding, soufflé, and custard are provided. Enjoy your meals in the dining room or lawn.
A homely atmosphere is created at the Vintage Bungalow at Madikeri with good facilities in place, including a line-up of activities to keep the guest engaged. Choose from board games like chess, Monopoly, darts and cards, and outdoor activities like fishing and badminton, or simply a tour around the estate. Carry light clothing to suit the warm weather. Sunscreen lotions, sunglasses, and insect repellents are also recommended. The property has Wi-Fi and is backed up with solar power to provide electricity back-up.
Spending your holidays at a plantation bungalow certainly, has some additional perks. While you are at this German style Vintage Bungalow at Madikeri, you get to enjoy the plantation’s own brand of spices and coffee. Named ‘Kumuh’, the brand sells coffee beans, cardamom, pepper, and honey. Not only are these products as natural as they can get but they also embody the joie de vivre of the region. Lose yourself to the aroma of coffee plantations, verdant landscapes, and the natural beauty that surrounds you while you are at this bungalow that boasts a history of more than a century.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Accommodation for children under 10 years
- All applicable taxes
- Lunch (not served)
- Dinner (arranged on prior request, chargeable)
- BBQ platter (arranged on prior request, chargeable)
- Activities and services that are not marked as complimentary
Terms & Conditions
- You can check-in at the homestay after 2 PM and check-out before 10.30 AM.
- Reservations can be confirmed only against 100% payment of the booking amount.
- Food or stay will not be provided to drivers, maids, and caretakers.
- Extra mattresses won’t be provided.
- Accommodation is free for children aged below 10 years.
- You can cancel or amend a confirmed booking provided that the request for cancellation or amendment is made in writing.
- If you cancel a confirmed booking 45 days or more before the date of check-in, 25% of the booking amount will be levied as the cancellation fee.
- All cancellations made between 44 to 15 days prior to the check-in date will attract a cancellation fee of 50% of the booking amount.
- For cancellations made between 14 to 5 days before the date of arrival, the cancellation fee will be 85% of the booking amount.
- Cancellations made less than 5 days prior to the check-in and no-shows will attract 100% cancellation fee.
- Car Parking
- Ceiling Fan
- Dining Room
- Free Wi-fi Internet Access
- Hot and Cold Running Water
- Informal play area/courtyard
- Organic Farm
- Private Balcony/Verandah