Max:Price starts:₹ 4000
About Luxury Rooms
The rooms are on the ground floor and have ensuite bathrooms, double or twin beds, wooden flooring and private balconies
Facilities at Luxury RoomsFree Wi-fi Internet Access, Hot and Cold Running Water, Intercom, Private Balcony/Verandah, TV with Satellite Channels
Max:Price starts:₹ 3500
About Deluxe Rooms
They are on the first floor and have a common sit out, double or twin beds, ensuite bathrooms, and wooden flooring.
Facilities at Deluxe RoomsFree Wi-fi Internet Access, Hot and Cold Running Water, Intercom, TV with Satellite Channels
Spend a cozy holiday at this Plantation Home at Pothamedu with the fragrance of cardamoms lulling you to sleep each night.
Nestled 5,000 feet above sea level, this Plantation Home at Pothamedu is surrounded by cardamom plantations, tea gardens, and evergreen trees. Insects and birds are free to wander around the land and help enhance the homely and welcoming ambiance. Only 10 km away from the popular hill town of Munnar, this home is the epitome of hospitality.
This Plantation Home at Pothamedu has been created painstakingly from eco-friendly materials to help maintain a balance with the bounty of nature that surrounds it. It has a stone exterior with ivy climbing up the walls in many places. The lampshades are crafted from handmade paper while the oil paintings on the walls have been painted by the owners. The innovatively designed furniture comprising wardrobes, beds, and tables is made of wood. The food here is traditional and homely, prepared fresh by the cook and not according to a fixed menu. You can convey any suggestions or dishes you would like to try and these will be served provided they are within the cook’s abilities. Ingredients are locally sourced and you can also experience barbecuing over a coal grill. The deck also has an open air dining area.
The spacious rooms at this Plantation Home at Pothamedu are spread over two floors and with one common kitchen and hall. All but one of the rooms face the cardamom plantation. All rooms have wooden flooring and those on the ground floor come with private balconies while the ones on the first floor share a common deck space with a pergola. There is no air conditioning or fans in the rooms as the pristine air at this altitude does away with the need for these. The perfect opportunity to be one with nature leaving behind the stress and chaos of daily life!
- Complimentary accommodation for two children below age 7
- Children between 7 and 12 years of age will be charged separately
- All above age 12 will be considered extra occupant and charged separately
- Candlelight dinner
- Flower bed decoration
- Lunch and dinner
Terms & Conditions
- Kindly carry an ID card to provide at the time of check in.
- Please carry a copy of VALID-VISA and PASSPORT (only for foreign nationals) since it needs to submitted to the nearest police station under the Registration of Foreigners Rules, 1992.
- Air conditioning and fans are not available in our rooms.
- Room heater can be provided on request.
- We do not stock in vegetables/meat/poultries in the freezers, so it is better to inform in advance about the meal preference so that the caretaker can buy fresh items from Munnar local market.
- Special rate for MAP which includes dinner is 400/head.
- Booking can be confirmed by remitting at least 50% of the total amount to the below account.
- Remaining amount should be paid on or before the day of Arrival.
- The full amount will be refunded if cancelled before 14 days of check-in date.
- 50% refund if cancelled within 14 days and 7 days before check-in date.
- No refund if cancelled within 2 days of the check-in date.
- Bird Watching
- Free Wi-fi Internet Access
- Guide Service
- Hot and Cold Running Water
- Private Balcony/Verandah
- TV with Satellite Channels