Max:Price starts:₹ 2750
About Deluxe cottage
Deluxe cottage is smaller compared to the Luxury Cottage.
Max:Price starts:₹ 3250
About Luxury Cottage
These overlook the lake and are bigger than the Deluxe cottage
This evergreen Homestay Near Hemavathy River at Sakleshpur offers you a slice of heaven right here on Earth.
Part of the Western Ghats Range in the Malnad region of Karnataka, this evergreen Homestay near Hemavathy River offers accommodation in cottages that incorporate all the five elements of nature. During the monsoon, the beauty of the river is at its pinnacle with water gushing down and turning the banks into a lush green carpet. Do not forget to take along your umbrellas and raincoats during this season.
Bird watchers might like to visit during the months from September to February when river terns, fishing eagles, and kingfishers can be spotted alongside numerous other species. The vast coffee plantation that the homestay is located on provides the opportunity to find out where your morning cuppa comes from. Pick some coffee beans and get a peek at how they are cultivated and processed at the Homestay near Hemavathy River.
Walk in solitude down the gentle slopes of this Homestay near Hemavathy River as you soak in the verdant atmosphere. Rejuvenate your mind and body with the sights and sounds of nature and its wonders. If visiting during the winter months take along your woolens because it can get pretty cold. During monsoons, the area gets abundant rainfall and is a wondrous sight to behold. Located just 25 km from Sakleshpur, the Kumaradhara and Kempuhole Rivers originate here and traverse through the Western Ghats.
If history is your kind of thing, take a trip to the nearby Manjarabad Fort which was once a strategic defensive rampart of Tipu Sultan. From the top of this star-shaped fort, you can get a bird’s eye view of the surroundings. The area, once known as the poor man’s Ooty, is also a favorite with trekkers, especially those seeking to explore Kumara Parvat and Jenukal Gudda. Keep an eye out for the reddish-orange pagoda flower which is common in this area.
- While the Homestay offers basic first-aid, you are requested to carry any special medication you may require, as the nearest pharmacy is 30 km away.
- Accommodation is on a twin-sharing basis except for 'single occupancy'.
- Room plans start with lunch on check-in day and end with breakfast on checkout day.
- Food served buffet style, includes lunch, dinner and breakfast.
- In the package plans, rates for extra nights will be on normal tariff basis.
Terms & Conditions
- Please carry a government approved Identity proof and may be produced at the time check in
- Foreigners may carry required documents as per the regulations.
- No rate discrimination between Indian and Foreign Nationals.
- This is pets friendly property.
- 10% of tariff for cancellation prior to two weeks before check-in date (not inclusiveof the check-in date).
- 50% of tariff for cancellation less than two weeks and prior to three working days before check-in date (not inclusive of the check-in date).
- No refund for cancellation less than three working days before check-in date (not inclusive of the check-in date).
- Postponement of confirmed bookings can be considered in exceptional cases and subject to availability. In such cases 10% of tariff will be levied as handling charges.
- Car Parking
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this accommodation.
Things to do
- Trekking: Take a trek around the Kumbarahalli Estate through some of the most scenic spots in Karnataka. Sakaleshpur and Coorg has become a destination for avid trekkers. The Swarga resort organises treks on special request at a nominal charge. There are water cascades, mountain springs, natural rockslides and a rivulet at the base of the camp. Please make a request at the time of booking if you wish to trek or you can even trek through Kumbarahalli Estate and scale a series of hilltops. If you are not too eager on a long trek, do some short nature walks instead.
- Bonfire: Throw a lure, catch a fish at the lake. In addition to the Spice Tour and Trekking, special Camp activities along with lakeside bonfire in the evenings are also available for the guests.
- Fishing by lake: The most important activity here is the "Catch & Release" method of fishing or angling. Even if you are not an expert, try your hand at fishing guided by our staff.
- Picking Cardamon: On first sight it seems coffee is the only crop at Kumbarahalli estate. But there are several other crops including cardamom, strawberry and several rare fruits. There are also several locations in Sakleshpur that are not actively promoted as tourist spots. Having an insider friend at places like Swarga resorts helps, because we were able to see places that will otherwise be shut before us and enjoy doing things about which we are completely ignorant.
- On your trip don't forget to take some time off for cardamom plantation, right at the harvesting days. The women who were at work at the cardamom plantation will help you how to identify ripe and unripe fruits and methods of collecting them. The inflorescence appears towards the base of the plants and one has to sit down to collect the fruits.
- Though not a highly skilled of challenging task, being able to actually collect 'queen of spices' is a real experience that a visitor like you would never forget