Max:Price starts:₹ 20860
About Heritage Bungalow
The bungalows have large, comfortable rooms with furniture that has been sourced from traditional homes. These bungalows are not near the lake
Facilities at Heritage BungalowAir Conditioned Room, Free Wi-fi Internet Access, Hair dryer, Hot and Cold Running Water, Safe, Tea/Coffee Maker
Max:Price starts:₹ 23780
About Heritage Mansion
The mansions have large, comfortable rooms with furniture that has been sourced from traditional homes. These are located opposite the lake
Facilities at Heritage MansionAir Conditioned Room, Free Wi-fi Internet Access, Hair dryer, Hot and Cold Running Water, Safe, Tea/Coffee Maker
Max:Price starts:₹ 39140
About Deluxe Pool Villa
Located on the lake front, these villas have a private plunge pool and furniture that has been sourced from traditional homes
Facilities at Deluxe Pool VillaAir Conditioned Room, Free Wi-fi Internet Access, Hair dryer, Hot and Cold Running Water, Private Swimming Pool, Safe, Tea/Coffee Maker
Surrender to the subtle charm of CGH Heritage Resort at Kumarakom, a land of quiet backwaters and leisurely cruises.
From the time you navigate your way through the calm waters of the lagoon until the end of your holiday, you will experience the tranquility that’s inherent to the popular backwaters of Kerala. The coconut trees swaying to the tune of the salty breeze and the heady scent of the brackish lagoon surrounding the resort will constantly remind you that the sea is not far away.
Spread over a sprawling 30 acres, CGH Heritage Resort at Kumarakom is a resort that has an abundance of paddy fields and coconut trees on its one-of-a-kind property. The accommodation here includes heritage bungalows, heritage mansions, and deluxe pool villas. Each of these types of rooms features well-appointed interiors with meticulously chosen furniture and locally sourced furnishings that reflect the rich heritage.
The architecture of CGH Heritage Resort at Kumarakom is inspired by traditional ancestral homes in Kerala, called ‘tharawad’. The design of the tilted tiled roofs and the carvings on the fringe of the roofs are symbolic of the ways in which the resort has preserved the region’s ancient heritage. Although the rooms are traditional in the décor they sport, they are well-equipped with all the modern facilities you would need for a comfortable stay. Another thing you will have in abundance other than the peace and the quiet is sunlight filtering in through the many windows of the villas, bungalows, and mansions.
If you’ve been to a traditional Kerala household, you will be familiar with the myriad aromas that Kerala cuisine is popular for. And if you’re not, the resort’s lakeside restaurant, Aymanam, will acquaint you with the flavors of Kerala and more. The restaurant chefs will treat you to authentic, home-cooked dishes and local fare served on a banana leaf. If you want to treat your taste buds to the exploding flavors of authentic Malabari food, the buffet at this Heritage Resort’s main restaurant is the right place to be. The buffet is a lavish spread of delicacies that will tantalize your taste buds with flavors that you will never forget. You can also relish a variety of seafood specialties made with fresh fish from the lake and the Arabian Sea. If the boisterous buffet had you longing for a private meal, you can opt for a quiet candlelight dinner overlooking the backwaters.
Want to spend some calm moments, sipping a cocktail made from coconut? Head straight to the Heron’s Pond, the bar at Coconut Lagoon where you can taste fresh coconut cocktails. From the serene charm of the Vembanad Lake and natural beauty that surrounds the property to bursting culinary flavors and the variety of activities that keep you engaged, CGH Heritage Resort at Kumarakom is an experience you will cherish in this life and the next.
- Sunset cruise
- Kalaripayattu demonstration
- Yoga class
- Indian music program
- Butterfly garden tour
- Eco talk
- All applicable taxes
- River expeditions
- Village life experience on a canoe
- Extra occupancy charges per extra adult and extra child
- Activities and services that are not listed as complimentary
Terms & Conditions
- Only one extra person (above 5 years) can be accommodated per room. Additional charges apply.
- The official check-in time is 2 p.m. and the official check-out time is 11 a.m.
- A discount of 50% is available on tour leader charges for groups of more than 9, but less than 15 full paying pax.
- For groups of 15 and more full-paying pax, the tour leader comes at no additional cost.
- The availability of some of the activities mentioned here, especially outdoor activities, are subject to external factors like weather conditions.
- Individual travelers will incur a 50% cancellation fee for cancelling confirmed reservations between 15 to 7 days from the date of arrival.
- A 100% cancellation fee is applicable for cancellations made less than 7 days from the check-in date.
- Group inclusive tours that reduce the number of rooms between 30 to 15 days before arrival date will incur 50% cancellation charges.
- If the number of rooms is reduced less than 15 days before arrival, the cancellation fee is 100%.
- Air Conditioned Room
- Bird Watching
- Candle Light Dinner
- Free Wi-fi Internet Access
- Private Swimming Pool
- Room Service
- Spices Shop/Shop
- Swimming Pool
- Yoga and Meditation